17- I ended up fine

I was fully able to open my eyes and Rin was carrying me bridal style.

I looked at the sky and it was sunset.

I was covered in blood and my uniform was torn.

"How are you feeling?" Rin asked

"My body hurts, I could practically pin point where every cut is at." I say followed by a chuckle

"I thought you were gone forever."

"Honestly, so did I. I almost gave up but I fought. I fought for you." I say as I look into his beautiful blue eyes.

Rin stops walking to kiss me. I put my hands on the back of his neck to deepen the kiss.

"I would've missed that, if I hadn't come back." I smirked

He moves his arm up my back to push me into his chest as a hug. My body was a bit twisted and it wasn't the best hug because of that but I still loved it.

He continues walking.

"What happened after the gate swallowed you?"

"The gate swallowed me slowly and as it was closing I could see the other end of my sword since it was still in the ground. I grabbed onto the end ignoring the amounts of pain my hand was going through from the blade digging into my skin. But I knew that if I didn't endure that pain, I'd be stuck down there forever. Then the Gahenna atmosphere was getting to me and I started coming up with reasons as to why I should let go. Reasons like how you might love Shiemi more than me or that I wasn't good enough. I snapped myself out of it and tried squeezing my hand through the side of my sword and the ground. It burned my skin and was very painful but I knew I could do it. I finally broke through and here I am." I explained as we finally got out of the woods.

"We'll get you to a good hospital."

"Rin?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you put me down for a second?"

"You're hurt though."

"No I don't think I am"

"What?"

"My wounds go away when I'm not near the one who caused it and my pain is gone because you touched me.... I feel fine."

"Really?"

"I guess my theory on that was true."
I look at my palms and my wounds were gone.

I still have the burn mark on my wrist from back when my mother saved me but everything else on my body was gone.

Rin took me home instead of taking me to a hospital.

He helps me wash all of the blood off and I threw away my bloody torn uniform.

I look at Rin who was already looking at me.

"I can always get a new one" I say as I smiled at him.

He pulls me into a hug and kisses my head.

"I'm glad that you're okay, I'm so lucky to have you."

I blush and I swear he could feel my heart beat fast through his chest because of how close we were.

"I love you too. I never told you the couple times you've told me"

He smiles and he kisses me again.

"Y/N.... will you be my girlfriend? I'm asking now since we never finished our conversation that one day." He said then winked at me

"Yes, of course I will." I pulled him back into a hug.