13- Selfish

The next morning I got into my uniform and went downstairs for breakfast.

I only see Rin.

"Where's Yukio?"

"He had to head off early, he told me that we have to meet with Mephisto as soon as we get to school." Rin says

"Oh yeah, okay"

We sat in silence and I fiddled with my fingers.

"You're a good kisser" Rin says as my face grew a shade of crimson

I couldn't get myself to say any words.

Rin stands and leans over the table to lift my chin up and gave me a kiss.

I blush hard and asked "A..are we dating?"

Rin was about to answer but was cut off by the sound of the front door slamming open and Shima running in.

"Rin, Rin come help. It's Shiemi, on our way to school she just collapsed and running here for help was quicker than running to school." Shima said with a hint of panic in his voice.

Rin follows Shima and I followed behind them.

'What's going on?' I thought to myself

We see Shiemi laying on the ground. Rin lift her head up from the ground and she says "Rin, I'm glad you're here. I feel weak."

Rin picks Shiemi up bridal style and he quickly runs to the academy.

I was getting jealous but I can't be selfish here, she needs help..... I guess

Once we got to school they took her to the infirmary.

The doctor finally came in.

"It looks like Shiemi is pretty ill. It's possibly because of her encounter with the blue flames from yesterday."

"What?" I said

"We were informed of the situation by Mephisto. We all think that that's why she's ill." The doctor tells me.

"This is all your fault, you could've killed Shiemi." Bon yells.

"Guys lets be reasonable here-" Rin says

"No Rin, she consumes the same blue flames that killed our parents and many other people. She is a part of Satan and that doesn't scare you? If you want revenge on Satan, you need to take out all of his pawns."

"I didn't- She was the one who's trying to get rid of me..." I yell back

"I never said that. I was nice to you since day one, I don't know why I'm being treated like this." Shiemi explains

"That's not true, Rin-" I tried to say but was cut off

"We've all known Shiemi for a long time. We just met you almost 2 months ago and you're trying to tell us that the girl we know and trust is a bad person?" Izumo says

"Rin... do you feel the same way?" I asked

Everyone looks back at Rin.

"I uh I mean, I can't see Shiemi being that kind of person and I have known he longer so-"

"I see, you guys don't believe me." I said cutting him off

I walk out and Rin follows me.

"Stop following me Rin"

"Let me explain myself"

I turn around fast
"NO, I won't. You may not see it but Shiemi is lying straight to your guys' face. I know that I have no proof because she seems to cover it up before you guys actually pay attention at the time but I'm telling the truth. I know that I'm still pretty new and that you've all known her longer and that I happen to be a demon but so are you. I think you should be sticking up for me."

"I know I know but what if you're wrong? What if it just seems like Shiemi is doing all of these mean things when it could just be that you can't control the powers you didn't know you had or this demon is making you think that it was Shiemi."

"There you go again, sticking up for her. Do I not matter?"

"You're acting so selfish Y/N. Shiemi is my friend, I know that she would never do the things you're accusing her of doing right now. She's in the hospital because of you, isn't that enough?"

My rage level went above the bar.

I grit my teeth and smack Rin across the face while my whole body lights up in flames.

He stares into my eyes with shock and I look down at my hands.

I calm myself down and the flames went away.

I turned around and ran as fast as I could.

As I'm running down the hall and out of the school Yukio walks up to Rin.

"What happened, I saw blue lights shining down the hall. Who lit up?" Yukio asked

"She did." Rin said as he was still staring off down the hallway you had just ran down.