3- Explanation

When I woke up it was already night time.

I look over and see Rin sleeping in a chair next to my bed.

I smiled.

My sword was still on the floor, I got up off my bed and walked over to it.

I bent down and examined its scabbard.

"I have a sword just like that one you know?" Rin said.

"Really?"

"Well my scabbard is blue not purple but I'm sure it has a pretty sick blade."

"Oh.... I wouldn't know I mean it could just be a toy. I've never seen it, I didn't even know I had it but I have a feeling that I shouldn't open it unless I have too." I replied.

"That makes sense, I can't open mine unless there is danger too. I have to have it with me though, if somebody else gets their hands on it I'm in big dodo. My old man told me to protect it and that's what I'll do."

I picked up my sword and sat back down on my bed, facing Rin.

"Uh Y/N, do you mind if I ask you about what happened earlier today?"

"Yeah, it's okay. I was about to go take a shower when the lights wouldn't turn on in my bathroom so I walked to.... 'I can't tell Rin that I was eavesdropping on their conversation' .... I mean, I went back to my room and then something just hit me. I started digging through my boxes, I didn't know what for but I guess I was looking for something important so I didn't stop myself. I came across this sword and once I touched it, flashbacks came to my mind. It was of my mother telling me to protect this sword with my life and to not let anyone else touch it. Then I felt a burning sensation on my wrist. When I looked at it, I just saw my scar I've had since I was little. It felt like I was getting burned but their was no sign of me actually getting hurt. Then you guys came in and once you touched my shoulder the burning sensation went away. I don't know how but I would like to know."

"I don't have a clue, maybe it was just a coincidence?" Rin said, rubbing the back of his head.

I gave him a questionable look but I brushed it off.

"What time is it anyway?" I asked

"Um about 2 in the morning."

"Oh wow, you should be getting to bed then. Yukio might get mad at you."

What I wish he said-
"I don't care if Yukio gets mad, I'm gonna stay here until you fall asleep."

What he really said-

"Yeah you're probably right. I'll see you in the morning, good night."

"Good night."

*sigh* I laid down in my bed with my sword right next to me.

'Maybe one day I'll be able to know the real reason as to why this sword is so special, why I am so special.' I thought to myself before drifting to sleep.