10- The challenge

Today Yukio was taking all of us out to the woods for a private practice session.

Rin was my partner, though I have a feeling that Yukio just wants us to make up.

We were told to go head out with our partners to different parts of the woods, far away from the other groups to practice our skills with no distractions. Then we'll all get together and have a big show down and who ever wins gets the highest grade in class.
It seemed simple.

Rin and I found a good spot with an open area, big enough for us to move around in.

"Y/N we need to talk."

"There's no sense in talking when you won't believe me so let's practice."

"It not that I don't believe you I just.. can't see Shiemi being that kind of person Y/N. She's to nice and sweet to be evil and dangerous."

"Then how about you go and be her partner." I said as I run at him with my practice sword.

Our swords meet.

"Y/N, I don't want to fight with you"

I swing my sword again.

He dodged and hit me with his sword.

"Ouch" I said

He comes at me again and I couldn't dodge all of them.

I was kneeling on the ground, breathing heavy.

"You need more practice Y/N, I think you've gotten worse." Rin says.

I wipe the sweat off of my forehead and stood back up.

I squeeze my hands into first and I could feel my body heating.

"Bastard" I say under my breath.

Rin walks over to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

I loosen up and sit on the ground.

Rin sits next to me.

"Explain everything, I'll listen."

I sigh and decided to tell him what I've been thinking.

"The night we walked home I was attacked by a black vine like figure. You didn't see it happen and I guess I was walking next to you the whole time but I know that it happened and it was just an illusion in your mind. All of the bruises and wounds I get on my body disappear unless I am touched by the thing that caused them. I believe that Shiemi is the one responsible for the black creature. I feel that she's out to get me." I explained

"You said that your wounds disappeared until you're touch again by the thing that caused it correct?" Rin asked.

"Yes."

"Well then in order to prove that Shiemi was the one responsible, we just need to have her greenman spirit touch you."

"Also whats weird is that the pain of my wounds will instantly go away if you touch me." I said

"Yeah I remember that happening but I still don't know why."

We hear Yukio's gun shots signaling us to round up for the big battle.

'This time Shiemi, I'll prove you're evil.'