5- Class

Once we finished our breakfast we headed straight to school.

Today we went to Mr.Tsubaki or as known as Ol' Sideburns physical education class.

We had to be able to guess the chained frog-like Demons known as reapers next moves.

Everyone had completed that step but Rin and Ryuji.

They were still down in the pit being chased by one of the reapers.

Mr.Tsubaki was yelling at them.

"Gentlemen this is not a race understand? The goal of this exercise is to get you used to how the demon moves, anticipate the reapers actions."

Shima told everyone that Bon(Ryuji) was one of the fastest people he knows.

Rin yells at Ryuji being all cocky.

"You're lagging roster boy, being smart doesn't do you much good in the real world does it?"

"What-chu say? You don't know deck. In the real world, the guy left standing wins." Bon yells.

Bon kicked Rin down to the ground only for the reaper to catch up.

I hear Bon scream like a girl then Ol' Sideburns pulled the demon back into its cage.

They start tackling each other.

We all rush down into the pit to break them up.

Miwa and Shima pull Bon back and Mr.Tsubaki and I pull Rin back.

Mr.Tsubaki talks to Bon privately.

"Bon is very serious at times and he has pretty big ambitions." Shima said .

"Ambitions?" Rin questioned.

"The reason why he wants to become an exorcist is because he wants to defeat Satan."

Bon is just like me. Shima and Miwa explained everything about 'the blue night' and their temple being ruined.

"Blue flames are a sign that Satan is around" Shima said.

I remember those blue flames from that night my mother died.

"Attention everyone, we're taking a break for now. Nobody is to enter the arena while I'm gone." Ol' Sideburn says.

Bon and Rin start to fight again.

"Just leave him alone." I yell.

"Shut up you new-be. You don't know anything."

"Now Rin, if you can touch the demon and make it back without it attacking you, you win. I'll even try it too so what do you say?"

"Sure thing, it sounds like fun....... Yeah right, only a dumb ass would do that."

"Fine then, I'll do it myself."

Bon climbs down the ladder and heads towards the reaper.

I can't just stand here and watch, I have to do something.

I slide down the side of the arena and I run towards Bon.

"Y/N no wait" Rin yells

I push Bon out of the way and told him to get out of the arena.

I stare into the reapers eyes and it was becoming aggressive.

It can read my emotions and use that against me but what were my emotions now?

I take my sword out of its bag. This time it wasn't burning my scar but it became more noticeable on my wrist, almost as if it was glowing.

I tried to open my sword but it wouldn't let me.

I was waisting time typing to pry this thing open.

I hit the reaper with the scabbard still on my sword. It didn't do much.

Rin jumps in and the reaper takes Rin into his mouth.

I gasp in shock.

Somehow Rin was able to calm the demon down before it crushed him. It was very strange.

We get back out of the arena.

"Look, this girl wants to become an exorcist yet she can't even use her own sword." Izumo giggled.

Everyone else laughed after.

"Yeah, how are you gonna defeat Satan with that?" Shiemi mocked.

Shiemi may seem all sweet and kind but she sure was mean to me. I think it's because she's so desperate for friends and that she has a crush on Rin.

I sigh and left the classroom.

"Y/N wait up." Rin yelled.

Rin caught up with you.

"Don't listen to those bastards, you'll be able to draw your sword when it's the right time."

"We don't know that for sure Rin. This sword could be glued shut forever."

We walked outside and sat by the fountain.

Rin splashes water on me.

"Heyyy what was that for?" I whine.

"That was for facing the reaper when you knew it would've been dangerous."

I splash Rin back.

"Aye"

"That was for jumping into the arena to save me."

Rin and I ended up having a splash war.

I grab Rin's shoulders and I pushed him into the water. He dragged me down with him.

Our clothes were soaked.

We got out and laughed at our foolishness.

Yukio walks by and saw us messing around.

"Look at you two, you're a mess. Go home and change into dry clothes. Mephisto wants to see you guys in his office regarding the sword situation." Yukio said.