Chapter Eighteen

There is a lot of spelling mistakes. Also thanks to auto correct some names are spelled wrong. But I wanted to get something out for you since its been awhile. I hope you enjoy the chapter.
                                                              Hazel3

As soon as the first signs of sunlight came over the horizon. I could feel the relief come off everyone. Day light ment safety and the small battle between our men and the vampires was over. While Roxy, Heather, and I stood at the door each wrapping an arm around each other. As my family stood behind us. A anxious tension settling as we waited for them to come home. Roxy broke away first but it wasn't long before Heather and I were out the door. I threw myself at Brodden hugging him close to me. Befor I pulled away to check his injuries. "My god Brodden this can't keep going on. I don't even see how Heather has kept her sanity this long." His laugh rumbled in his chest. As he pulled me back into him. His hand tangled in my hair as he rubbed my back. "I'm glad you all are safe." I turned in Broddens arms at Verena's broken and sad voice. Her gaze drifted to Adairs briefly befor it turned to us. her smile barely there. I held onto Brodden arm. Not sure how to help my friend from her misery Brodden squeezed me Trying  to give comfort, but causing me to wince. My side brusied from knocking into the side table. Now that I was starting to settle down my arm was on fire. "Your hurt, We should go inside get some rest." I looked up into Brodden's concerned eyes. Rolling my own as he led me back inside. here he was worried about me,and he was covered in more blood then I ever cared to see again. "I'm hurt look at you." I watched as he rolled his shoulders and moved his neck from side to side. " A few kinks and scratches. Nothing that won't heal with a good  sleep. " Heather saved me from commenting when her voice drifted over the group. "We'll all go in and I will look over you all. No arguments from anyone of you." She looked around the small group of men. Some I didn't recognize but others I did. None gave Heather a hint of a argument. "Mother Gregor and Lily any word on them?" Adair spoke out as he moved toward his mother. Gregor and Lily two names I have heard twice tonight.  "Both will show when the time is right. Problems have arised and has caused them to meet again later then expected." The women Costella appeared out of no where Carrick in her arms and little Catiriona hiding behind her skirts. Looking around with wide eyes.  I couldn't help but to feel relief at seeing her. The little girl who looked close to death was now up and looking healthier then ever. "Sor, Roxy, Verena!" Her frighten little face lit up with a raidient smile . As she ran toward me and my friends. I wrapped her in a hug before passing her to the next person. Verena had a small smile, one that gave me a little hope that my friend was still in there somewhere.  I could hear slight growls from most of the men. The woman Costella rolled her eyes as she switched Carrick to a different hip. "Your clan will never change still so untrusting." Kendrix had a tight lip smile and kept his own wide berth from her. Causing Heather to slightly glare at him. "No matter how many witches you come to know." Some growls grew louder and more menacing . Heather threw her hands up in the air. In almost defeat with the situation brewing. My grandfather's voice rumbled getting everyone's attention. "This isn't Mcbain land now I won't pretend like I know what's going on. But anyone who bears no ill will toward my family is welcome on McLeod land. Now if you boys have a problem go on home." The growling stopped and even a few of the hard stares dissipated. Costella still held her easy smile not a worry to be shown. I wasn't sure if I should find it funny or frightening, because she didn't find any of them threatening. Her black hair and ice blue eyes flowing dress made her look so ethereal. She just oozed power and you could feel it. My grandfather had everyone moving to the house. Cartoons holding my hand swing it back and forth. As soon as we stepped into the thresh hold Heather was directing the worst to sit and those with not so severe wounds to stand in the corner out of the way.  I looked down at Catriona seeing her aww of the women. That is when I heard it a low raspy voice. I didn't catch what was said but the voice had my hair standing on end. I look over and a scream catches in my throat. There standing in the door way was a women eyes stark white lips blue with what looked like black smeared around them. She smiled and flashed her fangs. She reached out jerking Verena by her broken arm. Causing a loud and audible snap to echo out. There was nothing but silence as Verena fell to the ground. Her scream of pain had everyone running. Heather to Verena as Adair, Argyll, and Broden changed into their wolf form and went after the women. Who was cackling and skipping  back into the forest. "I can't stop the bleeding I need to get her back to our Keep Kendrix. Roxy, Sorcha come with us. Leave catriona here with costella." Kendrix scooped her up as Heather Roxy and I filed out behind him. I was still in shock at what I had just seen. Kendrix had us safely buckled in before he tore out of my grandparents. Sending gravel flying as he took turns to fast. Heather had pressure on Verenas arm but even I knew the blood loss was bad. Tears fell down my face for the first time through the whole ordeal. I was about to loose one of my best friends.