Chapter Fourteen

This chapter is short but I wanted to get something out to ya'll. Please excuse all errors.
hope you enjoy
Hazel3
We stood in front of the rock that started this whole thing. it still looked withered and old, unassuming and ordinary. Broddens hand was in mine where I was holding it so tightly I was sure I was cutting off his blood flow. He moved in front of me and put his forhead to mine. "I'll be waiting for you." I swallowed back my tears. Walking toward my friends dropping Broddens hand. Roxy and I scooped water into out hands and dropped it over the stone. The bright light engulfed us. I felt someone shake me and my eyes popped right open. Leaning over me was a women with long black curly hair. Her eyes were like a chocolate Brown. "Hello I'm costella. Don't worry child I'm Heathers cousin. They should be arriving at your home soon." I sat up and could see Roxy holding up Verena. "Go I'll help the girl and keep an eye on the boy." I stood on shakey legs but didn't move unsure if I should leave Catriona and Carrick with her. She smiled up at me and handed me a letter. It was Heather's writting. I opened it and laughed. Don't worry. That was all the paper said. I ran to Roxy and helped her get Verena to my granparents. We stepped out of the woods and My gran ran up to us. Her eyes wide with worry on her face. "There you are....What happened?" She fluttered around us as we helped Verena. My grandfather ran to us and actually picked Verena up. "We need a doctor." My eyes lit up when I seen Heather running up to us. "I'm a doctor what happened?" She began examing her arm as we walked to the castle. Roxy quickly spit out a half lie saying she fell backward on a branch. I looked around wanting to despretly see Brodden. When my grandfather put Verena down on the couch Heather could really get to work. When she was done she stood and turned to us a grave look on her face. "Her arm is broken I can put it in a splint." My grandmother sighed putting a hand on her heart. "Oh thank goodness I could have sworn something worse was wrong." Heather smiled at my grandmother kindly. "She'll be just fine." My Gram smiled back in relief and my granfather slung his arm over her shoulder. I heard heavy footsteps walking down the hall befor Tavis walked into the room. He looked over at Heather and glared. His glare travled up to me and stayed. My back stiffened in anger. "Did she run into one of your wolves out there?" Tavis asked with a snide tone that had my anger rising. "No one of your blood sucking ticks." I hissed at him I watched as surprise then hatred settled in them. "Well they had a good reason I'm sure." My nose scrunched up in disgust at him. A good reason to attack people for what land or whatever else the Grahams wanted. There was never a good reason for a war. What he said just made my hatred rise for his family. They had no respect for anyone. My grandfather looked between us but didn't speak. I could see his confusion over this little argument. "Get out Tavis befor I rip you apart. I'm not in the mood to deal with your bull shit." Tavis's face went red with anger. He stepped towards me and pointed a finger at me. "A piece of advice Sorcha, If lay with dogs you become one." I ran at him having every intention of beating him. When an arm snaked around my waist pulling me up and into them. "Relax Mo Stór." I looked up into Broddens green eyes and sighed in relief. He was okay and here with me. He looked over to Tavis with amusement. Befor he set me down on my feet. Tavis Watched him walk to the middle of the room. "Ahh the McBians finally make themselves known." Brodden smiled and lifted his hands in a peaceful gesture. "Well a few of us heard about the beautiful McLeod girls. We had to come see ourselfs." I grined at him as I rolled my eyes. While Roxy laughed beside me. Argyll stood next to her arms crossed with His own grin streached across his face. "It's to bad for you grahams we came this year. They're to beautiful to pass up." He reached over to Roxy and pulled on a strand of her hair. Causing her to giggle and swat his hand away. Tavis let out a humorless laugh sending chills down my back. "There's still time to change their minds." Brodden stared down Tavis. There was a threat there underneath what he said. "What exactly does that mean?" Brodden ground out between his teeth. Tavis just smirked and turned to leave. "Watch your bitch closely dog. You might lose her befor all this is over." I looked over at Roxy and I was sure we were thinking the same thing. What exactly do they have planned, and how many Grahams actually know the truth about the McBains. My own personal thought the Grahams hadn't let go over the hundreds of years. This Festival was going to end in a huge mess for everyone involved.