Chapter Seventeen

Sorry for any spelling mistakes. I also want to take the time and say how greatful I am to you all for all the votes and comments. I absolutely love the fact that you all are enjoying this story so much. Sadly though there are only a few more chapters left. But don't fret, I have plans for the Higland characters. I'll give you more details later though. until then I really hope you enjoy the story.
                         Hazel3
------------------------------------------------------
I stood beside Roxy and the now awake Verena. The night turned darker as the hours wore away. So dark in fact it was really unnatural. I could barely make out shapes as we watched from our perches. Trying to catch sight of our wolves as they hunted. An eerie scream now and then rang out. Letting us know that there was a fight happening. My cousin's and grandparents long ago went to bed. Leaving me to show just how worried I was. My wounds still throb from earlier. Nothing compared however to the sinking feeling I had in my stomach. "It sucks being stuck here. being able to do nothing." Roxy huffed as she began to pace back and forth. Verena stood silent beside me her eyes shadowed by something I couldn't understand. Heather spoke to her about Blayne, and since then she has drew into herself. A loud bang against the window brought my attention back to it. I choked back a scream at the sight in front of me. A women with long matted brown hair and a dirty sundress on. Had herself pressed against the pane of glass. Her fangs dripping blood and her eyes held a manic quality to them. That had everything in me running cold. "Be a dear and open the door for me." Her smile grew and she winked. Leaving me to laugh at her stupidity. "Oh yes just let me go do that right now." I heard someone chuckle behind me. I turned and came face to face with Tavis. "She wasn't talking to you Sorcha." I lunged at him knocking into the side table. Causing my grandfather's old globe to fall and shatter. Roxy and Verena let out yelps of alarm as two of Tavi's cousin's stepped into the room. As I went to help them Tavis grabbed me by the arm, and squeezed causing me to scream in pain. I swung My fist up ramming it into his mouth. He let go and stumbled back. Spitting out a mouthful of blood. I heard footsteps coming down from upstairs as Tavis and I charged at each other. We slammed into each other causing us to fall on the ground. He swung and hit me in the jaw. As I kicked out hitting him as hard as I could in the thigh. I felt myself being lifted and held onto. As Tavis stood up I used the person behind me as leverage. Hitting Tavis in the face making him pass out and land in a heap on the ground. "What is going on in here!" My grandfather's deep timber of a voice echoed in the room. Everyone stilled I looked up into my families faces and could see anger and fear there. "No I'm sorry, but my friend fade says your the bad kind. I shouldn't let you in." Kade's small  voice penetrated the silence. I ripped myself away from the person who had me. Quickly I pulled Kade to me and away from the window. Where the She vampire stood. Face more pale then before and looking afraid. "You idiots didn't tell me that they know Fade!" She screeched as she threw herself at the window. I looked over at Leona and could see her confused fear. Kade stepped further into me. squeezing my hand as he spoke. "Fade is my friend mommy doesn't know him." The Vampire hissed at Kade with a glare. Befor  a red russet wolf launched at her. Making her scream so loud the windows shook. "Do you see what your family has done." I turned to Tavis's grandfather with a disgusted look. He tilted his head at me befor dropping his walking stick. He slowly smiled just befor pouncing toward me. I had enough time to shove Kade toward Leona. Just as he fell on top of me.  His hands fell to my throat and began squeezing. I heard screams and scufling sounds. As if someone was fighting. Tavis's grandfather leaned down to my ear. As I struggled underneath him. "Such a beautiful girl wasted. Dear girl I know exactly what my family has done. We have gained power and unimaginable benefits from it." I felt his hands squeeze tighter against my throat. cutting all my air off. Soon black spots came into my vision. Making me kick out harder. Trying everything I could to get him off me. His laughter rang out as I became weaker. I heard the growl befor he did, and couldn't help my smile. "You don't have anything." I gasped out just as Brodden ripped Tavis's grandfather from me. I sucked in breath after breath. Each one hurting more then befor. I gripped my throat gently. As I stood up looking away from the gorey mess. Kade was buried into his mothers robe. quietly sobbing into it. As eveyone else had horrified expressions. Tavis and his cousin's slowly backed away from us. Running out into the night and into the chaos. Brodden bumped his head into me where my mates mark was. His breath heaving from the battle outside. I reached out and laid my hand on his head. My other hand  still on my aching throat. "Someone please tell me what the heck is going on!" Treva some what yelled out. Drawing evryones attention to her. Heather smiled gently and steered everyone except for Brodden, Argyll, Adair, Verena, Roxy and I. The men still in wolf form. Brodden bumped me on last time befor licking my hand. Making me giggle at the dog like gesture. Which caused me to wince in pain. "I'll be fine go." I croaked as I spoke, but knew Brodden wouldn't leave without some type of reassurance. He looked at me wearily befor being shoved forward by Adair. Who kept looking at Verena. Looking unsure himself if he should leave or not. Finally a long howl sent them running back into the dark. Leaving us to worry once again. When we ventured into the kitchen. Where Heather was perched on the counter just finshing the tale of the Mcbain clan. My family turned to the three of us. My grandfather stood pulling me into a hug. "I'm so glad you are safe." He whispered as he let me go. "Brodden seems like a good man." Tears spilled down my face as my grandfather huged me once again.