°CHAPTER FIVE°

this chapter is so short but I wanted to get something out for you all. Thank you for reading.
Hazel3

"So are you from our time or earlier?" I asked her as she grabed some herbs. "I was visiting Scotland in Two thousand nine.What year was it when you came here?" Roxy laughed "Two thousand fourteen." Heather sighed and nodded. "How old are you three?" This time we all answered at the same time. "Eighteen." she nodded again but as she went to speak the door opened revealing Broden. He looked none to happy ether. "Heather someone has been stabed." Heather narrowed her eyes and grabed her bag. "Sorcha correct?" I nodded and stood from my stool. "Do you need me to come with you?" "Yes." "No" Both Broden and Heather said at the same time. Broden glared at Heather who just ignored it. I follwed her out and could see a crowed around a man who was holding his side. "Heather its more a flesh wound." The man called out before we even reached him. She sighed and rolled her eyes "I'll be the judge of that Argyll." As some of the men heard Heather speak out the moved out of her way. We moved through the crowed getting stares from the other men. Heather bent down and poked and proded. "You'll need stitchs but other wise you'll be alright." There were a mixture of curses and some cheers. I was guessing some of the men wanted him dead. While others were relieved he was okay."Sorcha help me get him into the other room." I nodded and wrapped the mans arm around my shoulder,and helped him stand up. "Thanks lass." I nodd and smile as Heather and I begin to help him limp through the crowd. I caught some movement from the corner of my eye. I had enough time to shove the man into Heather as I grabbed a dagger from his side. I blocked and pushed our attacker away from us. Twirling the blade around to wear the flat of the blade sat against my fore arm, I smashed the hilt of it into the side of his face. I could hear the man grunt as he fell to one knee. Causing the whole hall to grow quiet.Even Heather seemed impressed. I walked over to her and slipped the dagger into the mans sheath agian. "Were did ye learn to fight like that lass?" I helped him wrap his arm around me again as I grinned. "My grandfather,he's a blacksmith. He taught me most of what I know." The man let out a loud echoing laugh."A blacksmith ye say." Heather smiled and nodded "A good man if you ask me." I smiled and nodded "He is but my grandmother keeps him in line." Heather laughed jostling the man we were holding. He groaned in pain and a shakey smile spread across his face. "Lets not laugh to much Heather." She rolled her eyes but smiled. "You men and your need to act tough." We made it back into her work room without incedent only to have Verena and Roxy watch wide eyed as we set the man down. "Okay Roxy?" Roxy nodded and walked over to Heather. I watched as Argyll studied Roxy as she walked across the room. Heather pointed at a few things and Roxy grabed them down handing them to her. As I made sure that Argyll didnt fall out of the chair. Roxy caught Argyll staring at her causing the both of.them to turn a shade of red. Which Argyll tried hide. Heather chuckled but didnt say anything about the little exchange. "Catriona is falling asleep." Verena stood up from her chair with Carrick on her hip. She moved Catriona to the side of the room where it looked like a small bed was. at about that time the hall was getting louder. It didnt sound for the better. A sudden bang on the door had us girls jumping in frieght as Argyll stood up from his seat unstedily. More yells and curses irrupted and then somewhat silence. You could feel the tension of the room as we waited for something. Suddenly the door flew open quickly. Reveiling bloody and exhausted men.
Argyll seemed to relax a bit as they walked down the steps leading down into Heathers healing room. I watched as one of the men broke apart from the group and swooped up Heather. Who laughed and swatted at the man. "Put me down Kendrix I have to patch you all up." The Booming laugh that echoed had Verena Roxy and I looking at each other with small smiles. Heather imeaditly let the man Kendrix go as Brodren and a man stepped around the growing crowd. "Look at the both you." My breath imeaditly caught in throat. Broden had blood smeared across his face and had it trickling down his arm. I couldnt explain the feeling I was having in the pit of my stomach. I didnt even want to try to. So I shoved it away and told myself it was because of him protecting me earlier. Heather Was checking some of the more sirious injuries Having them sit around the room. "Heather we know some ..." Roxy looked at me looking for a better word then first aid. "Healing, little but enough to help." Verena spoke up Carrick no longer on her hip but on the bed next to Catriona. Cuddled up to her side fast asleep. Heather without looking up from stitching up a man pointed around the room. "Bandages and everything are labeled." We went around the room grabing things we needed. Putting it on the table and seperating it into piles. I turned to call over the first person to only see broden looming over me. I stepped back a step giving myself space to breath. "here sit down so I can reach the wound on your head." I tried to not make any eye contact with him. Not wanting to loose myself in his eyes. he sat down with a small grunt of pain. I quickly dunked a piece of cloth in some water to wash the blood from his wounds. As soon as I stepped close enough the warmth coming from him enveloped me. Causing my stomach to do flips. As gently and quickly as I could I began wiping the blood away. I must have pressed to hard or was rough, because the next thing I knew Broden grabbed my wrist. He had such a serious look about him it had me shaking a bit. I looked down where he had a hold of me to see his hand engulfed my wrist. Making it look ten times smaller then it was. Then once again I was caught in his stare. His green eyes held a warmth that seemed to spark alight whenever it seemed we were around each other. They also had a underlying darkness that probably should have scared me but it brought me a weird sense of comfort. Which scared me and put me on edge. We just met and these intense feelings were on the verge of drowning me. "Broden you need to go help the others." I could finally feel myself breath and break away from Broden. He looked over and some what glared at Heather. Who was staring him down with a scolding look of her own. He finally stood and walked out of the room. Without the intensity of brodden in the room allowed me to breath so much easier. I looked around to see everyone back to work as if nothing happened. I didn't know what was going on around me but I was sure I didn't like it.