Chapter Eight

Hey everyone sorry for any mistakes I'll edit it all later. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter.
                                     Hazel3
The rain hadn't let up once in the past two days. Leaving a lot of people restless. That included my friends and I. We spent most of our time either in heathers healing room or the Library where we taught Catriona how to read and write. I was holding Carrick on my hip when I stepped into the hall. The one good thing about the rain was it drove the grahams out. So walking through the hall without lingering tension was nice. Carrick was making babbling noises and playing with my briads.  Spotting Verena and Roxy I slipped in beside them. Carrick banged on the table laughing when it shook the cups on it. "Good morning you two."  I spoke through a yawn. Verena and Roxy laughed a they handed me a plate of food. "Carrick keep you up?" I didn't answer as I ate a spoonful of porridge. I didn't want to talk about what really kept me up. I hadn't seen Brodden since we last spoke. I wanted time to get used to all this,and it seems he was taking what I said literally. "Where's Catriona?" I looked around trying to spot the girl. Roxy and Verena looked up at the room frowns spreading on their faces. "She was jus here, maybe she went into the kitchen?" Porridge forgotten We stood for our seats. People began to watch us as we ran to the kitchen. Dolina stood hands on her hips scowling at us. "Ye mind telling me why ye three are running in my kitchen." Looking around the kitchen and not seeing Catirona made my stomach drop. "Catirona is missing." I passed Carrick to Dolina and faced Verena and Roxy. "You two keep looking I'm going to find Brodden." Roxy nodded and ran off with Verena "Brodden is in the war room it's by the library. Hurry Lass no tellin' what the Lass is in." I sprinted out and up the stair case barley remembering where the library was. I slammed through the war room door and was greeted by a room full of really big and upset looking men. I immediately spotted Brodden standing by Kendrix and a man who looked similar. It had to be Heather and his son. "Catriona is missing we can't find her." A few of the men began to chuckle as Brodden and Argyll made their way to me. "The Las is probably off playing somewhere and forgot to tell ye." Kendix faced the man with a stern look "Catirona stays by lady Sorcha or her other companions. The Lass is afraid of people." He motioned for Brodden and Argyll to go with me. We stepped out into the Hall and Brodden grabbed my hand. "I'm sorry I didn't know who else to get." He pulled me into the Library Argyll close behind us. He kissed my forehead and made me look at him. "Ye have no reason to be sorry. We'll find the wee Lass don't worry." He moved behind a bookshelf and I could hear him removing clothes. I could feel my face flush and Argyll laughed. I glared over at him and he laughed harder. "I wouldn't be laughing Argyll you blush all the time when you stare at Roxy." His laughter stopped short as his own face turned red. I felt something wet press against my palm. I looked over to see Brodden in his wolf form. I couldn't help the smile that placed itself on my face. I quickly grabbed his clothes and stuffed them in my bag. When I straightened, He gently took my shirt in his mouth and pulled. "So you want us to follow you?" He walked to the door and scratched it. "I'll take that as a yes." I opened up the door and he shot out sniffing the ground before darting down the hall. "What do we tell people if we come across them?" Argyll who was jogging next to me down the steps smiled. "We do'na have to say anything. Most know what we are." Suddenly stopping I trip over Brodden and tumble to the floor. "Ouch."hearing small little barks coming from behind me"If I wasn't so worried right now I would yell at you." Brodden shook his head in understanding. He finally put his nose close to the ground and began sniffing. I watched as everyone in the kitchen didn't even pay attention to him. Curiosity got the best of me and I tapped Argyll's arm trying to get his attention. "Does everyone in the keep know what he is?" Argyll nodded not taking his eyes off Brodden. "Aye they know what we are." Surprised again I look up at Argyll. "So you are a wolf too?" He grinned and patted the top of my head "yes wee one I am." I snorted at his use of wee one. Before i could say something snarky, Brodden was off running making Argyll and I run after him. He led us through thick mud and huge water puddles. Until we reached what look like the stables. The horse that were in there seemed agitated but not by Brodden. Their eyes were wide and they were trying to get out of their stalls. It was actually a terrifying sight. Two men stepped into barn somewhat pushing us aside. "Sorcha!" I look out the barn door and could see Verena and Roxy running towards the barn. I stepped out hope filling me. "Roxy Verena have you found her. Please tell me you have." Their faces fell and all my hope drained. I herd a small howl and turned in enough time to see Brodden and Argyll dart out of the barn. Grabbing a hold of both of my friends I ran after the two men. We slipped and fell twice covering ourselves in mud and water. We finally made it to what look like a tower. Argyll met us at the entrance his face pale. He grabbed Roxy and held her as Verena and I Ran up the stair case. I could see Brodden in his wolf form standing at the door. I handed him his clothes and made Verena turn around with me. I fought every part of my being not to turn around. Feeling a hand on my shoulder I turned to meet a angry looking Brodden. "Where is she is?" He wouldn't answer me all he did was look down on me. His anger turning to sadness. I pushed past him and slammed open the door. There laying in the middle of the floor was Catriona her hair fanned out around her. Her dress flared out almost like she had fell that way. She was extremely pale and her lips blue. I don't know who screamed out me or Verena. I tried getting to her but felt two arms wrap around  me just as Verena was jerked back by someone. Heather who I hadn't noticed had showed up was barking orders at people as the scrambled to get Catriona to the keep. I felt the tears begin to pour down my face before I could stop them. I felt the arms shift me and then lift me up. I looked up into Brodden's face then buried mine into his shoulder. cried until I felt I couldn't anymore. I pushed away from Brodden wiping what I was sure were my red puffy eyes. I looked around me an noticed we were in a different room I hadn't been in before. "Where in my room I didn't want to leave ye alone. Heather didn't want anyone in the healing room." He stood and pushed some hair that fell in my face back. "Is she going to be alright?" His face fell and I knew it wasn't going to be. "I don'a know." I felt my chest constrict as Brodden held my hand. We walked in silence heading to what I assume would be the healing room. Brodden knocked as I held his hand like a life line. I wasn't sure if I could handle what was behind it. I opened the door an could see Roxy and Verena both standing near each other. But also by Argyll and what I assume was Heather's son. "Is it what I thought?" Heather looked over to us and nodded. Brodden sucked in a breath. "Is what, what you thought?" Heather stood and came to stand by Kendrix. "A night child has drunk from her." I looked around the room and could see the cold looks from men. A night child is what my grandmother would call a vampire. But Vampires didn't exist they were myth legend. That's what I thought about witches and ware wolves. I told myself as I looked right at Heather. "A vampire did this to her." Both Verena an Roxy looked at me in surprise. "Yes one did this to her."