Chapter eleven

This chapter is really short and I'm really sorry for that. The next one will be longer hopefully, but I wanted to get something out to you guys. thank you as always for enjoying and reading my story. Please excuse all errors I'll go back and edit as soon as I can.
Hazel3
Everyone in the room filed out after Blayne and Verena. All except for Heather, Kendrix, Adair. Brodden still stood next to me while Roxy and Argyll stood to the side. I wanted to ask Brodden what was with Adair and his brother. There was a deep rotted anger with the two. Kendrix patted his sons shoulder a look of pride still on his face. Roxy looked over at me and rolled her eyes. Patients wasn't her strong suit. "This vampire wasn't the one to bite Catriona." Both Roxy and I looked over towards the door. My face paled when I seen Argyll squated down on the ground sniffing the head. "Argyll is our best tracker." Brodden whispered his eyes never leaving his friend. "So if this isn't the Vampire." I kept my eyes on Argyll as I answered her unspoken thought. "There's another the only question is who is sending them." This was putting me more on edge. That would mean someone was purposely out to get us. We needed to get home before anyone else got hurt or worse. The thought of leaving Brodden had a knot forming in my stomach. "I'll have a gaurd stay with Catriona we all need sleep. Especially you girls you have been through alot today." I looked up at Heather and went to argue. Brodden slipped his hand in mine giving it a squeeze. "I'll make sure she sleeps." His voice was gruff sending shivers down my body. Heather gave us a knowing look. I looked away from her willing myself to not blush. Brodden pulled me out of the room and we were heading to his room. The halls were almost pitch black with the lack of light. Making me hold onto Brodden tighter. We leave his room to a roaring fire. Cuting away the chill and giving the room a warm light. I looked over to his bed with a longing look. The furs that covered it look inviting. I sat down on a chest and took off my boots. Fighting against a yawn as I unlace them. I looked down at my dress and sighed not really wanting to wear it to bed. I looked up to ask Brodden for one of his tunics. Instead I caught him looking at me amusement written all over his face. He walked over to a cabinet pulled out a tunic. He walked over handing it to me with a light kiss to my forehead. "Ye are exhausted as am I. We both need sleep tonight." I didn't miss the underlying meaning to that. I motioned for him to turn around. He chuckled but did as I asked switching from my dress to his tunic wasn't easy. His tunic seemed to want to swallow me whole. "You can turn around now Brodden." I crawled into bed pulling the covers over myself. Brodden watched me As he took off his boots. When he began taking off his tunic I found myself staring. He threw it to a chair and walked to the bed leaving his breaches on and staying above the covers. He put his hands under his head crossed his ankles and closed his eyes. His breathing evened an I couldn't help the small pang of disappointment. A simple kiss goodnight would have been nice. Any kiss would have been nice. I flipped to my back covering my eyes. Feeling like a idiot just thinking about it. I felt something heavy lay across my stomach and pull me back. I moved my hand slightly to see Brodden smiling at me. He sat up enough to be leaning over me. "Mo Stór" He bent down and captured my lips with his. Making me melt into the bed. I reached my hand up wrapping it in his long shaggy hair. Then running it down his back and up his chest, making him growl out. He moved above me putting his hands on either side of my head. He broke the kiss both of us sucking in air. "Ye will have to leave Mo Stór." I put my hands on his cheeks hopping the contact will make him look at me. His eyes opened and I could see his sadness. Causing tears of my own to fill my own. "I don't want to leave Brodden but Catriona." He kissed my palm and reached up to take my hand. He swallowed hard before looking at me again. "We need sleep Mo Stór." He laid down next to me pulling me toward him. I buried my head into his shoulder. Unwilling to let him see me struggle with my tears. I had somehow fallen for this man along the way. With his easy way of joking and teasing. I didn't know how It will be leaving him behind. Because even now I know he wouldn't go with me. His loyalty to Kendrix and Heather ran deep. I wouldn't ask him to leave that behind. Just as I know he wouldn't ask me to leave behind my family. I finally fell asleep to his beating heart. Just wanting him close to me for now.