Chapter 3: Falling

Chapter 3: Falling

(A/N: please read the note at the bottom my silent readers)

I don't know how long it took me to wake up but when I did wake up, Jacob was looking down at me kindly.

"It's about time you came back to the land of the living."

I groaned, I felt sore all over," are ya sure I'm not dead?"

Jacob nodded," I'm absolutely certain."

"How long was I comatose?"

Jacob thought for a second," only about a day, you must have needed the rest too." I nodded sitting up, noticing I was still in the breeches I had been wearing during the fight but I also noticed I had a different more feminine shirt on.

I wonder who changed my shirt.....

I looked at Jacob who noticed my confusion, "don’t worry Anna, Doc fixed you up not I.

Ï felt relieved, I mean I wouldn’t have minded if he had fixed my shoulder but changing my shirt would concern me.

I looked back up at Jacob," could you- could you teach me how to defend myself? I don't ever want to be in that situation again."

Jacob smiled slightly and nodded," I will speak to the captain, I believe they will agree with your request."

I smiled then got out of bed," if it happens that my request interferes with your workload, I offer my services in the kitchen or anywhere else I can be useful."

"Are you sure you're up for it?" he asked.  I nodded," I've worked my whole life a little scare isn't going to stop me now." Jacob looked surprised but grinned slightly," I thought you'd say that, I'll be right back."

•••••••••• (A/N: okay this is going to be my first try at a guy's POV I hope it's not too bad....) •••••••••••••

Jacob's POV:

I left her room and went down the hallway towards the Captain's cabin. I was very surprised when she told me she had worked all of her life, she looked so fragile.

~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~

I caught her before she fell after I had killed the disgusting pirate and laid her on her bed and got Doc to bandage her up.After he finished I sat by her bed. As I watched her sleep, she looked so vulnerable. I'm glad she wasn’t taken by the filthy Spanish, she probably wouldn’t have survived.  ~~~

Now I realized she isn't as weak as I originally thought.

A mental image popped into my mind of her smiling as she watched the sun set the other night, her silver eyes sparkling in the setting sun, and her hair, red as scarlet floating in the wind. Beyond her outer beauty was her amazing personality I had been dying to discover...

Why is it always so hard to leave her?

Why am I even thinking these thoughts in the first place?

I shook the picture from my head, this task I had been given would be harder than I thought......

As I walked, I passed a few of the men who were to ensure the task was done.

I nodded slightly to them, they did the same.

Any day now.... I just wish Anna didn't have to be caught up in it.

I stopped at the Captain's door and knocked firmly. "Who is it?" captain Andrews' voice boomed from inside.

" 'Tis Jacob sir."

"Come in son."

I opened the door and let myself in, both my father and the captain were sitting there.