Chapter 1: Meeting with Fate

<pre>Chapter 1: The Meeting of Fate

- Two days later-

Tears fell from my eyes as my mother's simple casket was lowered into the ground.

Tonight I am going to leave the only place I've ever known to go in search of a lost and most probably dead brother. Crazy, I know but it was my mother's last wish and I intend to find the truth even if it kills me.

--------------That evening------

" Anna? You ready to go?" Charissa Williams, my best friend and confidant asked, as I carried a small satchel of my sparse belongings out of the Inn.

I nodded, " yeah," I answered. brushing my hair out of my face for hundredth time that evening.

Charissa gave me a big hug," I'm going to miss you so much girl."

I hugged her back," I promise I'll write when I get the chance...." I whispered, wishing I didn't have to leave her

She smiled slightly," you'll find your brother, and a lover and completely forget about little old me."

I shook my head, " I'll never forget you," I answered quietly.

We both walked to the harbor where The Midnight Queen was docked.

I hugged Charissa again before walking on board, I looked around feeling a bit lost.

A firm hand was placed on my shoulder, I spun around to face a tall middle aged sailor, he smiled down at me.

"Miss Hawkins? Is it?" he asked, his voice rough but had a fatherly tone to it.

I nodded," yes..."

" I'm Tom, first mate, I hear you are coming on this voyage?"

I nodded again," that's right sir."

Tom nodded," I'll get my son to take you to your cabin."

" Thank you sir" I replied.

"Father who is this is?" a male voice asked from behind me, I turned towards the source.

I'm not sure what I was expecting when Tom had told me about his son, but what I saw surprised me thoroughly.

He looked down at me and smiled quite pleasantly that shone through his dark brown eyes, his hair looked as curly as mine, though his was shorter and dark brown not red.

I must have been staring for a minute at least when Tom cleared his throat, it was then I noticed he had been staring back at me.

" Jacob this is Miss Hawkins and Miss Hawkins this is my son Jacob" Tom introduced us breaking the awkward silence.

" pleased to meet you Miss Hawkins."

" The pleasure is mine" I replied trying not to stare at his big brown eyes.

" Jacob will you show Miss Hawkins to her cabin?" Tom asked, turning to his son

Jacob nodded, still not breaking eye contact with me, which made me curious as to what he thought of me, and led me to my cabin.

" Thank you sir."

" You are very welcome Miss Hawkins, we will be starting our voyage in a few minutes and dinner is in about an hour if you wish."

I smiled," thank you."

I watched him go back down the hall, then I entered my room, my stomach fluttering.

Were these feelings I was having possibly love? Or was it just attraction to the fact that he is extremely handsome?

A/N: okay please comment! What do you think so far? How do you like Anna and Jacob so far? Any suggestions? I openly welcome constructive criticism.

Thanks y'all

-SRG</pre>