Chapter 14- Healing begins

I stared blankly at Jacob as he came into my cabin, making it clear that I was not staying of my own accord. He sat down, looking at me, not saying a word. We sat there for what felt like hours, but in reality was only a few minutes.

What is he trying to do?

Use telepathic powers?

Or hypnotize me to let him have a real chance with me again?

Oh Lord, I don't know how I'll stand those brown eyes much longer!

" Jacob, just what exactly are ya trying to achieve with this staring contest?" I asked, breaking the silence. He shook his head," this may sound odd, I went three months without seeing yer beautiful face, I was memorizing yer features if it ever were to happen again."

His words nearly made me melt, but I did my best not to let it show. I snorted in a rather unladylike way," ya have nerve to try to use flattery on me-"

"I'm sorry Anna, I truly am, I don't expect ya to forgive me but please just give me a chance," he pleaded quietly, taking my hand gently.

That obliterated most of the walls I had built up against him, all the hate and anger; I couldn't go on hating him like this. I nodded," just don't fail me again.... Please."

Getting up, I left the room quickly, not wanting Jacob to see me cry. I ran up to the main deck and found myself at the bow, I stared at the sunset on the horizon. Relaxing at the soft spray of the sea. So enveloped by the spell the sunset had on me, I didn't hear anyone. My thoughts ran off without me it seemed and I was left there, suddenly knowing what to do about Jacob.

"Anna?" I heard Jacob say, breaking me out of my daze. I turned to him," yes?"

" I know you still are hurt but-"

"If you still believe you love me, convince me of it, woo me," I challenged, interrupting him," I will keep the mindset that the wrongs you've done never happened."

Hope flooded his eyes, I smiled slightly.

"Silver! Could ya give me a hand up here?" I heard Sam call from above.

"I'll be right up!" I called back, grabbing a rope, ready to climb up.

" Silver? Why does he call ya that?" Jacob asked, looking a bit confused.

"It's a long story, I might tell you it sometime," I replied, starting to climb.

"Wait, Anna... Are ya available to have dinner with me tonight?"

I smiled slightly," yes I believe I am, is that a formal request from ya?"

Jacob chuckled slightly," would ya find it in yer heart to have dinner with me?" he asked, dead serious.

"Alright Master Long, I will accept yer invitation to dine with ya tonight, until then adios," I replied then climbed up the mast to where Sam was waiting.

-------------–---------–-------

After I finished helping Sam, I headed to my cabin to change. Hawk had found a few old dresses in a trunk and had given them to me, but due to my activities up in the crow's nest and on deck I hadn't had much use for them until now. Digging through the trunk, like a miners for gold, I finally found what I was looking for: a deep green satin gown.

It's bodice was quite fitted with silver embroidery around the rounded neckline, and the skirt flared out slightly. I grinned and set it on my bed before bathing.

Has Jacob really changed?

My father seems to think he's worthy of forgiveness... Though, he probably doesn't know what Jacob did....

I can't stay bitter towards him...

Maybe I'll ask him why he did what he did....

No, tonight will not be an opportunity to reopen unhealed wounds.

I got out of the tub and slipped on a light corset, lacing it up myself before slipping the dress on. It fit like a glove, I had to wonder where Charles had found the trunk. Humming as I brushed out my unruly hair, I wondered what this night would have in store for me....

------------------------

Author's Note:

Sorry for the shortness, I've been really busy lately ( like many others) and just started co-writing a story with someone so it has taken up some of my time.

Anyways, some good news for those who are reading Dethroned, I have figured out where I want to go and Chapter 4 should be up soon :)

Thanks for your patience,

Victoria