Chapter 17: The Wedding

(redone chapter)

-Two Months later-

"Silver! Wake up darling! It's yer big day!"

I groaned, my body telling my to stay in bed but my mind yelling at me to get up....with the help of Sapphire.

"Anna-Marie Hawkins! Don't make me drag ya out! 'Cause honey, I will iffen I have to," Sapphire urged seriously. I peeked my eyes open to see Sapphire's big blue eyes right near my face, I shrieked in surprise and rolled out of bed, prompting another groan.

"Sapphire, in the future, would ya keep yer face a bit farther when I open my peepers?"I asked amusedly. She chuckled, a mischievous look on her face before helping me up from the floor. We had arrived back in Tortuga a week ago and I lodged with Sapphire and Charlotte, while Jacob, Sam, and my father stayed on the Escarletta.

-Flashback-

-Two weeks prior-

"Anna?"

I turned to Jacob, " yes?"

"What do you think of going back to Tortuga and marrying there? I know its not the most romantic place but your friends are there they could help you with the wedding plans...."

"It's perfect, I'm sure Charlotte and Sapphire will be more than happy to help with the plans," I replied, brushing my lips against his, he grinned and kissed me gently.

"I love you Anna," he whispered, our foreheads touching.

"And I love you, Jacob."

"Who will ya have as your best men?"I asked, continuing the conversation of our wedding plans, because if I did not we'd forget.

"Sam and Hawk," he replied quietly, "I am guessing Charlotte and Sapphire will be yer bridesmaids?"

I nodded, "yes, I think so, if they accept that is..."

"I'm sure they will."

-----------

"Silver! What are ya daydreamin' about now?" Sapphire scolded as she fixed my hair.

"Oh nothing, what were ya asking?" I asked.

"I asked how old yer brother is."

I chuckled, " about 25, why? Are you interested in my brother perhaps?"

"Perhaps, perhaps not," she replied vaguely, a twinkle in her eyes.

"Oh my goodness ye do fancy him!!!" I exclaimed, Sapphire blushed at my outburst but I could tell it was true. I grinned and tried to turn towards her but she held me still.

" Let's finish prettying ya up okay?"

I giggled and nodded, letting her finish fixing my hair. She applied a thin line of kohl onto each of my eyelids, smudging the powder slightly before smoothing some deep scarlet bees wax onto my lips.

Sapphire handed me a mirror, I gasped, " I look like a princess!" I exclaimed in surprise.

Sapphire grinned," that ya do darlin', now we have to get ya into that corset, Jacob won't be able ta keep 'is hands off ya when we're through."

I blushed furiously at her comment, then laughed as I stood so she could help me into the corset, she laced it just tight enough to accentuate my form but loose enough I could breathe, not that I was breathing properly in the first place.

"Anna, breathe girl, breathe, we don't want ya fainting before the ceremony even starts," Sapphire instructed, picking up the dress that she, Charlotte and I picked out as my wedding gown. It was an off-shoulder dress that ended off in three quarter sleeves, the fabric was mostly pale blue with gold embroidery on the bodice, and hem, it fit me beautifully. She fastened my veil, which was attached to an intricately carved white comb into my hair and spread the tulle over my face. Charlotte came into the room and smiled.

"Ya look great Sil!"she exclaimed, helping smooth out my skirt before standing up and smoothing out her own darker blue and gold dress which matched Sapphire's dress, grinning almost as widely as Sapphire and I.

"Ready?" Sapphire asked.

I nodded," yes," I replied simply, slipping on simple white slippers before heading to the stairs and descending with Charlotte and Sapphire's help. We walked outside where a small well-maintained wagon awaited, my father sitting as the driver and Hawk helped us up into it. I couldn't help but notice his hands lingering around Sapphire's waist for a few moments as he lifted her up onto the wagon.

I fidgeted slightly as we rode out of Tortuga to a grassy area which dropped off into the sea. A trellised arch had been built there, a priest, whom we had to search for on the island stood with Jacob and Sam. Hawk helped us down before taking his place beside Sam and Jacob. Sapphire and Charlotte fixed my dress and veil quickly before walking to the other side of the priest.

My father offered his arm, I slipped my hand through it lightly, holding my bouquet in my other hand. My breath caught as my eyes met Jacob's it was like the first time we met, what seemed like ages ago... My eyes stayed glued to his as my father and I made our way up to the preist.

My father kissed my cheek gently through the veil, "I am so happy for ya two, darlin',"he said softly before placing my hand in Jacob's. I smiled at Jacob, I'm sure my eyes were twinkling just as much as his while the priest started the ceremony binding our lives together.

"Do you, Jacob Long accept the Anna-Marie Hawkins as your wife to love and protect until death do you part?"the priest asked solemnly.

"I do."

"Do you, Anna-Marie Hawkins accept Jacob long as your husband to love and respect until death do you part?"

I smiled, "I do indeed."

"Then I now wed thee, ya may kiss the bride," he finally said. Jacob gently lifted my veil and kissed me gently on the lips which I gladly returned. Jacob pulled me close to him as we looked at our friends and family.

"I now introduce Jacob and Anna-Marie Long," the priest said, smiling kindly at us.

"Time to party!"Sapphire exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear, prompting laughter from our little wedding party. Jacob and I made our way to the wagon, he kissed me gently before lifting me up onto it.

-The next morning-

"Anna, my love..."

I groaned rolled over, not wanting to leave my peaceful slumber.

"Anna... wake up darlin' or I shall have to do something naughty," his voice sounding both amused and serious. I opened my eyes to see him staring at me.

"What is it with people wakin' me and havin' their faces so close ta mine?"I grumbled, attempting to roll to face away from him but he caught me in his arms.

"Mrs Long, ya must learn ta be more congenial to yer husband," he whispered.

" Or what? My dearest husband?" I challenged, feeling well aware of how close he was holding me.

"Or I'll just have ta send ya to the sharks."

I traced my finger down his chest," alright Mister Long, I'll be an obedient little wife for ya." He pressed his lips against mine, capturing them gently, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

After a while he pulled away gently, letting me catch my breath as he did the same. We laid in each other's arms in comfortable silence.

"Anna.... what do ya think of settling down roots somewhere?" Jacob suddenly asked.

"Well, I think that would be a good idea love, did you have someplace in mind?" I replied, almost not believing my own ears. Jacob didn't seem like the type to settle down.... but if he was willing to it would be amazing.

"I was thinking of moving back to England."

"England?"

He nodded," yes, we could buy the Inn you grew up in, or we could go somewhere else if that's not your first choice...." he trailed off.

"Anywhere would be wonderful as long as we're together Jacob," I whispered gently before kissing him.