Chapter 4: the Plot Thickens

Chapter 4: The Plot Thickens

Jacob's POV:

I watched Anna leave, then glared at Tony," What the hell Tony?" I growled.

Tony rolled his eyes," I had to get her out of here somehow, that little lass has spunk, too bad I had to make a bad impression...."

I interrupted him," can ya get to the point?"

"Right, the rest of us were talking and.... we agreed that we should carry out the plan tonight"

I bit my lip, I didn't think it'd have to be so soon.

"Jacob? Is that a problem?"

I shook my head," it won't be a problem, inform the rest to follow the plan, I don't want anything to go wrong, and only act on my signal."

Tony nodded,"Jake in all honesty, the others were thinking you are getting soft because of that girl, don't let 'er ruin the plan,"he warned, a dark underlying threat in his voice.

I only nodded," nothing will distract me from the task at hand."

Tony nodded then left the room as silently as he had come.

I put away the sword I still had in my hand, I was distraught. I was starting to care for Anna, and I knew she was probably going to get hurt if anyone tried to fight back....

No, the plan is perfect, there will be no flaws..... it had to be done even if it ultimately hurt her....

I walked down the hall towards Anna's room when I ran into my father," oh sorry father..."

He smiled slightly," how did teaching Anna go?" he asked

"Very well, she's a fast learner," I replied.

My father held my gaze for a second," a rumor has reached my ears son."

What!

"There's bin whispers of mutiny, I just want to warn you to be on your guard," his voice grave.

"Have you told the Captain?" I asked, trying my best to look worried.

He nodded," I have..... Jacob, can ya promise me somethin'?"

" What is it?"

"If whoever they are succeed, don't try to fight em."

If he only knew...

" Do ya take me for a coward?"

"Son, ya heard what I said." a few crew members came down the hall, my father walked away.

He doesn't know that I'm to be the leader in that mutiny... or that I'm even involved. But I'm gonna wring whoever's neck who let it slip.

-------------

Anna's POV:

Later that day...

The Captain had brought me to the galley and introduced me to Stick, the cook. We hit it off immediately he found out I was one of the cooks at The Benbow.

Flashback:

"Ye were a cook at the Benbow!?! Then I must've known yer mother! If she hadn't a family already I woulda stolen 'er away!" he exclaimed.

I grinned," when did ya know her?"

" Well, that probably woulda bin before ya were born. I remember a little boy with dark hair and eyes, just like yer mother, busy asking me to tell 'im stories of the sea and yer mother tellin' me that he and yer father were goin out to sea in a month," he answered remembering.