Chapter 16- Just One Night

Jade went back to the hospital after her last wish trip to the beach, she felt free as the wind brushed across her smooth head, the fresh air filling up her incapable lungs. That night the three bestfriends stayed the night with Jade, laughing, joking around, remembering memories just anything to make Jade happy and make her not think about her precious the time is to her and them now.

The next day they all had to leave for either work or studies, the three girls promised they come and see her the next day as soon as the sun rises. Right now Leigh-Anne was over at Perrie's house helping her with her biology preparation, Leigh knew Perrie gets distracted easily but she didn't think she'd be saying "Perrie come on focus" every thirty seconds.

"Leighly I can't do it anymore" Perrie groaned and slammed her head down to her work desk. Leigh-Anne just sighed at the girl and let out a slight chuckle.

"Yes you can, I did it so you can do it" she nudged the young geordie next to her as she let out a frustrated groan again.

"Can we take a break pleaseee" Perrie pleaded like a little girl as she lifted her head up and looked at Leigh-Anne with the best puppy dog eyes she can give. "please please please can we, me and you both know this isnt getting us anywhere" Perrie was right, they've stayed on the same question for about fifteen minutes and Leigh must of read the question to Perrie more than ten times.

"Fine, don't blame me if you fail. What do you want to do?" the blonde haired girl let out a cheer when she knew she won, earning a tut from Leigh-Anne as she rolled her eyes at her.

"Can we go to the fair down the road, I haven't been since i was like ten" Perrie got up and started to put her shoes on as well as her coat and Leigh-Anne mimed her actions.

"Yeah we can do but don't think i'm spending loads on stupid games and rides"

"Yes you will Leighly, and plus your spending your money on food for me because i'm broke" The raven haired girl just looked at her bestfriend as she gave her a cheeky grin, she knows full well the Perrie will literally skin her alive if she doesn't get the food she wants. The two girls finally finished getting ready, giving each other a little nod as they linked arms and walked down to the bottom of Perrie's street where the fair was.

The music filled their ears, the colourful lights flashing in their eyes and filling up the dark sky, the smell of the mixed food aroma's traveled through their nostrils. The beat pumping their heart as the two girls looked at each other before running towards the first ride in sight, a ride that's going to flip them in every direction possible.

"Leighly we need to go on this ride now" Perrie dragged her hand through the crown to the only ride they havent been on yet, Leigh-Anne's face was starting to turn green from all the food she eaten and the amount of rides that go upside.

"Pez i don't think i can, can we just go back home now" She stopped the Geordie from dragging her to the ride, Perrie turned round and gave Leigh the puppy dog eyes treatment again. "No i'm not fal-" Leigh-Anne got cut off by her phone ringing in her pocket. "Hello?".

"Hello is this Miss Leigh-Anne Pinnock" a woman replied back to her.

"Yes this is she, can i ask who's calling" She got Perrie's hand and dragged them to the front of the fair were there was less noise so she could her the other end of the call.

"I'm calling from the Burton Hopsital, erm your partner Jade Thirlwall, well her lungs collapsed on her due to the cancer spreading and making her body weak. If you would like to come here straight away and one of the surgeons can explain the rest to you" Leigh-Anne stood there in shock whilst Perrie was trying to figure out who it was. "Hello Miss Pinnock are you still there?".

"Yeah, yeah i'm here, i'll be right over can you please tell me where to go so when i get there i can go straight to the surgeon" She ruffled her hair through her hands as she patiently waited for the woman on the other end gives her the information she needs.

"Yep just bare with me one second..... right as soon as you come in, go to the floor Jade's room is on, then speak to me at the reception and i'll call the surgeon out for you"

"Okay thank you good bye" Leigh-Anne ended the call, whilst putting the phone back in her pocket she grabbed Perrie's hand again and ran down the street back to her car at Perrie's.

"Leigh-Anne what's going on, is it Jade" Leigh turned back to Perrie with tears in her eyes, they both stopped and jumped into a comforting hug.

"It's getting to the end now, i know it Pez. We can't loose her now she was doing so well. The woman said her lungs failed and now i have to speak to a surgeon about what has happened to her" Perrie soothed Leigh-Anne by rubbing circles in her back whilst cooing in her ear.

"Hey it's fine Leigh, like you said she is doing well and she's strong, you know she is. Come on i'll drive" The girls headed towards Leigh-Anne's car and headed down to the hospital.

Leigh-Anne and Perrie finally made it upto the fifth floor where Jade's room is, the two made it over to the reception and the woman knew exactley who they was. "The surgeon is just over there waiting for you" She pointed to a man sat down reading his clipboard, he looked quite young to be a surgeon, brown hair, tall, slim and of course wearing a white lab coat. The man got up and made his way over to the girls.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Parker, I was the one who performed the surgery on Miss Thirlwall. Well from what we can say is that, her lungs are unable to work by themselves anymore so she needs her oxygen machine with her at all times. Her cancer has spread throughout her body and it's starting to shut down now, we've predicted that she's got a week left. I'm sorry. You can see her now but she's resting at the moment." The doctor turned his back and walked away down the long white corridors, leaving Perrie and Leigh-Anne breaking down in each other's arms.

"Why now Pez" Leigh mumbled through her tears as Perrie comforted her in the hallway outside Jades room. " he could of fucking said it in a nicer way, not with short stupid pauses" she pulled back from the warmth of Perrie and made her way into the motionless room where her beauty laid. The wires attached to her wasn't helping the tears stop either, just seeing her there, lying in a bed, lifeless just breaks not only Leigh but Perrie aswell right into a million pieces. Leigh-Anne made her way over to 'her side' of the hospital bed, delicately picking up her hand because she doesn't want to hurt the fragile girl, her thumb grazing the top of Jades as tears dropped onto her sun kissed skin.

"I'll go call Norma and try get in touch with Jes" Perrie ruffled her hair as she let out a sigh, she's strong, she can pull through this! We believe in you Jade.