Chapter 11- The Butterfly Project

The days passed by and Jade's condition was getting worse by the second. Thoughts and feelings rush through her body of when she was little with Leigh, how they used to be in the garden playing with their dollys. How every birthday Leigh-Anne made a different charm for the bracelet she gave her when they was in sixth grade.

Leigh-Anne saw Jade fiddling around with her charm bracelett on her wrist, then remebered that she made another charm for her. A charm that'll sum up everything from their childhood till now. "Here poopey, i've got something for you" Jade peeped her eyes open to slits, focusing on Leigh's shadow coming towards her, helping her up so she sits upwards with her hands help out. Leigh-Anne placed a small box tied with mickey and minnie mouse ribbon, making Jade chuckle because of how cute it is. She finally opened the box to reveal a small square with a hillside and a sun inside of it.

"Leigh, it's perfect" a tired smile grew along Jade's face making Leigh smile also.

______________

Every little thing Jade did she needed Leigh's help, eating she needed her help, moving about she needed her help, everything she did Jade wanted Leigh there. Today Norma was here to spend the precious moments with her daugther. "ee Leigh, go freshen yourself up i'll stay with Jade for abit" a sigh came from the raven haired girl as she gathered her things and went to the wash room round the corner of Jade's room.

Leigh-Anne needed a nice, relaxing, hot shower to relax all her tense muscles in her body but all she could thing about was Jade. How much time does she even have left with her?. She needed more than just a shower to let everything out of her body, Leigh's been thinking about it recentley and she knows that it's not going to help neither her nor Jade. Just leaving marks on her wrist again but shes needed the relief back in her body.

Just one cut and i'll be fine again... Leigh told herself. The water droplets from her hair dripping down her face on to the blades in her hands.

"1.." She watched the blood come seaping through her cut, opening her old wounds again.

"2.." Her mind telling her to stop but her hand has a mind of it's own.

"3..." Stop yourself Leigh-Anne!.

"Lastly 4" Her mind mentally cursing at her whilst the red blood stains the white shower floor, leaving pinky trails as it travels down the drain.

Finally Leigh decided to gather her self back up and show her face again. Putting her jumper over fresh cuts, she walked back into the white pale room pulling her sleeves down. She lifted her head up to be met with two more smiles beaming at her.

"Hey Leighly" Jesy and Perrie chorused together.

"mmm" Leigh forced out a fake smile, she really didn't want to talk to anybody right. All the pressure about Jade and looking after her has started getting to her. Perrie knew it all was getting to much for Leigh-Anne, she could see the hurt in her eyes, how her body is slowing shutting down from the lack of sleep she's had.

Hours passed and Leigh just sat in the corner fiddling with her sleeves, not looking up to join in the conversations in the room, or not even making an effort to start a conversation with her two bestfriends, girlfriend or the mother of her girlfriend. Leigh didn't notice the room go silent, everybody waiting for a reply from her.

"hm what?" she looked up from her hands, waiting for the one of the four girls to repeat the question that was just asked.

"Well we was saying before we rudely rudely intruded your very importants thoughts, that all four of us should go out for a cute day" Jesy spoke up, mentioning rudely twice to get into Leigh's head that she's very self centred whilst her girlfriend life is literally fading away painfully and slowly. Hurt shot straight through Leigh-Anne's body, yeah she was in a world of her own then but Jesy could've said it in a nicer way. Her body took over it self and she got up and stormed out of the room, leaving all the girls in shock.

"Jes you shouldn't of said it like that, come on you know she's sensitive right now" Perrie untangled herself from Jesy's touch and ran after Leigh. Even now Perrie wasn't in the room she could see the anger in Jesy's face after she ran to Leigh but she doesn't really care right now she needs to see if her bestfriend is okay.

After searching the white blank halls, she finally gave up and went to her last idea on where Leigh-Anne would be. The girls toilets. Yes she never went there first, she just roamed the halls and the empty rooms that have been abandoned by the hospital staff. "Leigh you in here" she walked into the toilets knowing that Leigh wasn't going to reply to her, so she just stood there and after a few seconds opened the entrance door and closing it again but still remained where she was, so It sounded like she went out. Perrie heard a big sigh come from the end stall 'got you' "Leigh come on I didn't leave, I know your here" she heard a whisper when she made it towards the stall that Leigh-Anne was in.

"Why aren't you with everybody else planning this cute day, I'm sure Jesy would love that" Leigh choked out over her tears with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. Anyone could tell she was hurting, well really wouldn't you be if the person who you'd give your life too is slowly fading away with an illness that can't be treated?.

"Baba let me in" the door clicked open and revealed a very messed up, raven-haired girl. Perrie made her way towards Leigh, grabbing her wrists to pull her up to engulf her in a hug but immediately dropped them when she heard a painful cry come out of the older girls body. Perrie knew exactly what's wrong now, why she pulled her wrists back aswell. She use to do the same when Jesy tried to grab her wrist after an argument they had. "Leighly, please you haven't hurt yourself have you?" Worry shook through Perrie's voice as Leigh hung her head in shame.

Leigh muttered a small "no" but still not convincing Perrie at all.

"Please just tell me Leigh, I'm always here you know that right?" She edged closer to her and guiding her out of the stall and towards the mirrors and counters infront.

"I just can't do it no more Pez, I can't stop thinking of what it's going to be like without her. She's my rock , my everything and seeing her this weak and fragile is breaking me. How is it not breaking you Per? I promised her I would protect her from anything but I feel like I've let her down big time!" The tears were flowing freely out of both of the girls eyes. Perrie wrapped her arms around Leigh's neck and brought her close. Leigh-Anne sobbed more into Perrie's shoulders as she hushed in her ear whilst rubbing circles in her back to soothe her.

"Leigh your the strongest out of all of us, you know that right? Caring and looking after Jade the way you've been doing is incredible, I never thought I'd see someone as kindhearted as you are but Leigh you shouldn't think about what it's going to be like when she goes, you've got to take every day as it comes because time is precious with this girl now and we need to live every second to the max with her".

Perrie pulled away from the hug and wiped away all free tears down Leigh's face before carrying on "it's breaking my heart too Leighly but we've all got to keep our head held high for our Poopey okay? Right, I want you to listen closely to me now" she pulled out a pen from her little bag around her shoulder, sliding the sleeves of Leigh's jumper upwards to reveal the four fresh cuts made. Delicately she drew four butterfly's trailing down her arm, representing each fresh cut showing. "It's the butterfly project, these butterfly's represent each new cut you've just made, these creatures have feelings too and if you cut them, they die right? Now every time you feel the need to cut look at these butterfly's and think of Jade or how each butterfly is one of us showing our friendship".

Both girls looked up at each other with loving smiles before embracing each other in another heartwarming hug, "come lets get back to the other" Perrie headed towards the door, holding her hand out to Leigh signalling for her to take it and so she did. The blonde and the raven haired girls made their way back down the white corridors and eventually made it to Jades room.

"Leigh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that" Jesy jumped out of her seat in the middle of the room, rushing over and tackling Leigh into a hug earning a giggle from all the girls.

"It's okay Jes I know you didn't" the girls pulled back with smiles on their faces, all of them made a circle around Jades bed with the chairs "right then, what's this about a cute day" the laughs of the girls echoed off the room walls as chat were made from anything that popped into their head like memories from when they was little till now. Or if jesy cracked out one of her famous accents, anything that made their heart warm up.