Chapter 2- I need you

Jade knew it would come sooner or later, she's tried holding it in for so long. When she got told that one word, that's it. Her world crashed and burned right infront of her, that word is worse than anyone can imagine, getting told it and that gut feeling just makes you think that your going to die. Cancer. Everybody hates listening to it, getting told about, getting told you have, especially a 17 year old girl that has her whole life ahead of her.

Should she tell Leigh, the girl she loves the most, the girl that's always been there for her since they were 5. The one that can read her like a book at anytimes, 'I need to tell her and the girls too but i really can't' Jades eyes started to glass over like crystals, she hoped that Leigh didnt she but she did.

"Jes stop the car a sec" The red car pulled over onto the side of the road, Jes and Perrie looked round at the unsettled girls in the back. Then just in a second Jade was gone, gone off running down the path into the hills beyond the sunset.

"What the hell's happening?" Perrie's face was a mixture of emotions, confused and upset. Everyone was confused at this time.

"I really don't know but you two go to Jesy's and i'll meet you later with Jade" Leigh ran out of the car and after Jade, running as fast as she can up and down the hills and making her way round the windy roads.

"JADE, COME ON NOW WHERE ARE YOU?" Leigh-Anne has been looking for the little brunette for over 10 minutes now and she's getting pretty worried. Also her legs getting weaker and more tired by the minute, she brought herself to a nearby bench but suddenly out of the blue, the person that she really wanted to see the most was there standing right in front of her, holding her arms out signalling she wants a hug.

"Jade don't you ever scare me like that again you idiot" Jade couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of Leigh being worried and Leigh's breath tickling her neck as she said that, just then that feeling was there again, for both of them this time. They just wanted to hold each other and never ever let go, just let the world stop and keep this moment.

"Leighly I have something to tell you" she took a deep breath in and waited for the little 'mmm' meaning that Jade could carry on "right I really don't know how to say this but I'm just going to put it in the easiest way possible. I'm dying Leigh" Jades eyes started to glass over as Leigh's grip loosened around her fragile waist. It felt like Jade had just been stabbed right through the heart, she's just hurt her best friend.

"Wh-what do you m-mean" Leigh tried to hold back the tears, she couldn't believe what Jade was saying to her right now, none of that had sunk it. What does she mean by 'I'm dying' that's all Leigh could think through this moment of silence before Jade broke it to carry on.

Jade took another deep breath in holding back the flood of tears that are escaping her eyes and turning into waterfalls

"I've got cancer, Leigh. I know this is coming to you all of a sudden but it's just the same for me, the doctor has said that I've got about 2 months to live and I need you and the girls to be there every-step of the way with me, Leigh please speak". Leigh's body was in shock, she didn't know whether cry, run or just be in the arms of her best friend. Leigh-Anne cupped Jades cheeks with her hands, rubbing her thumb against her cheeks, staring into them caramel eyes, Leigh was slowly bringing their faces together, finally resting their foreheads on each other's. This moment couldn't get any better for the both of them, jade could get taste the warm breath of the curly locked girl standing infront of her, Leigh's heart is pounding against her chest if it gets any bigger it's going to come out her chest.

"Let me just try one thing yeah?" Jade nuzzles her head up and down Leigh's forehead, then they both brining their faces together until their lips are millimetres apart, then Leigh finally brought their lips together sending fireworks and butterfly's in the girls stomach's. The sweet taste of Jade lipstick lingers in Leigh-Anne's mouth making her go week at the knees, they both pulled gasping for the air around them. Smiles spread across their faces as Leigh locked hands with Jade as the started to head too Jesy's.

"Where do you think they're" the shouts from the blonde Geordie in the kitchen broke Jesy's trail of thoughts, thinking about the news she needs to tell the anytime now, 'maybe they'll forget about it!' She thought, wait no she had to tell them then everything will be okay.

"Oii nelson" just then the two missing girls walked through the door looking like absolute mess. "Have you two been dragged through a hedge or summut?" Perrie tried to lighten up the mood but not even a smile came out of their faces. She knew something had gone on, something serious but she didn't know it was this much! "Girls what happened" Jade grabbed Jesy's and Perrie's hands and brought them over to sit on the couch. Leigh couldn't face hearing those words again so she went to the bathroom to fix herself up, 'my baby has cancer' that's all ran through her head, she couldn't loose Jade now she loves her so much 'that's it, it's Jade who's giving me this feeling inside, that warm feeling every time I see her, the way her smile gets me through each and everyday. I'm in love with Jade Amelia Thirlwall'. A sigh of relief shook through her body, she needs to tell Jade but is it a little too soon or a little too late?.