Chapter 9- Burn Mark

9 Don't Howl Mr. Mate Or You Die

Chapter 9- Burn Mark

Katie P.O.V

He stopped reading and looked up at me, I gave him a small smile and he carried on reading, I could tell as he read the next parts and I knew by heart what I had written.

The young girl was dead from the inside, you could tell from looking at her blank face and the dead eyes that held nothing in them. The kids in the orphanage didn’t go near her because they were scared they would get cursed or die like her parents.

Everyone apparently knew about the girl and her dead family, many called her a cursed child and others called her the black cat. The young girl was sent and had lived in the orphanage for at least 3 months before someone came to adopt her. It was a nice lady in her late forties. She had pretty brown hair and brown eyes her name was Miss. Anna Apparently she couldn’t have any kids so her husband left her for another women and the women wanted a child so she went and adopted one and it was none other than the little girl.

After being adopted by that lady the little girl still didn’t talk to anyone, not even the lady who had loved her like her own and kept her with her. 3 more months had past and finally the little girl was having a normal life, it was great for her, but something big was coming her way and she didn’t knew what it was.

Few nights before the little girls 10 birthdays, that is when the whole city had caught on fire, form something at school; it was an explosion at the school that had an effect on many things in the city causing them to fire. Miss.

Anna that day hadn’t sent her little girl too school because of a huge fever that she had caught. Miss. Anna was on the outside of the city and was very nervous that maybe the fire could catch her house but she ignored it and still stayed in the house. The little girl was too nervous but was not scared of death for once in her life.

The house soon was caught on fire and Miss. Anna was so caught up in leaving the house that she left the poor little girl behind and drove away leaving a 10 year old in a burning house to burn alive. Not being upset with her fake mothers escape the girl stayed in her small room and the let the fire burn her room slowly.

The girl started to realizes something as she was getting ready to die, she had noticed she doesn’t want to just through her life away right now, she wanted to do something before she died, was take revenge on that man that had killed her  family so brutally.

The girl starts to cry as she looks for an escape route but couldn’t find one. Fire was everywhere and the heat and smoke was making her choke and cough. She couldn’t help but slowly fall on her knee and then just give up because ether fire was everywhere. In the room as the orange, red and yellow flames danced she lay on the ground running out of her life. Slowly she stared to close her eyes.

The girl had given up, but the fire fighters were quick on their feet’s as they ran into the burning house that was ready to collapse any moment. The first fire fighter broke down the room’s door and the second one went in to grab the little girl on the floor. As they rushed out the door saving the girl when they notices the girls arm was brunt from the top to the bottom and her right side if the back was brunt to an extreme. SO they rushed to get the girl to the hospital and she was lucky to have lived the extreme burns because some people don’t make the damage of the burns mostly the kids don’t.

On the day of the little girls birthday a great thing happened, one of her mother’s side family friend had happened to have found her, which was her uncle and he had now adopted. The girl was happy that she had found a relative to live with rather than a stranger like Miss. Anna. The man took the young girl with him with a smirk on his face knowing he was gaining a big piece of his success.