Chapter 23- One Of A Kind

23 Don't Howl Mr. Mate or You Die

Chapter 23- One Of A Kind 

Katie P.O.V 

It'd be a lie if I said I didn’t join the battle, but I did about right now. 

“Xavier, don’t kill them, only injure them, we don’t want them dead because these troops are under wrong influence!” I screamed over the 10 guys that seemed to have surrounded him and I think it wasn’t the best thing because, 

1) He got distracted 

2) They found me and were going to kill me 

3) I just screamed out loud giving other people our location. 

“Way to go,” I heard my werewolf mumble. 

“So you up for some fun?” I asked her with my trademark smirk. 

“Hell yeah, but first you do the honors of killing them.” she said while trying her best to heal our body which still had the wolf bane in it. 

“Now, now don’t forget wolf no killing just hurting.” I said then I was on my feet. 

A random wolf appeared on my left side and then my battle had started. 

            ***************************************** 

My hands were bloody. 

My right shoulder was shredded apart.

My left leg was almost clawed out and god knows how many times it had gotten clawed. 

Thanks to all these injures I was limping. 

It seemed the fight had finally calmed down, and for the past hour everyone was on a killing spear and let me tell you, it’s hard to fight when you are in your human form.

I tried to turn into a werewolf but the wolf bane had stopped me so I am stuck fighting as a human, not that I mind. 

I heard someone call my name, and I knew it was Xavier. I smiled to myself as I remember his gentle kiss on my lips before the dumbass dropped me or threw me across the forest. What a mate we have. 

“I’m just glad to know he was not married to her for real.” I heard my werewolf mumble to me. I could tell she was worn out. 

Just as I saw Xavier coming towards me I could tell her was in the process of turning into his werewolf, I heard a growl behind me. Shit seems like someone still wanted to fight. 

“KATIE DUCK!” I heard him scream and that’s just what I did. 

It all happened in slow motion. The werewolf jumped over my head and hit the brown wolf on his cheek with his huge paw. 

“NO!” I screamed when he fell on the muddy and bloody ground helpless. 

The rouge wolf's head snapped my way and I could tell I was now his next target. I didn’t know what to do, so I took a step back and he took huge pounding steps towards me. 

He looked into my eyes and I looked into his, they were cold and his wolf face was bloody. 

He took a step, I moved back. 

My body was moving on its own, and I didn't want to show him my weakness, but I just couldn’t help but feel and show weakness. 

All of a sudden my body hit a ruff object and then I made the mistake of turning around seeing what It was, which a tree was.