Chapter 38

"What is this?"

Abby growled.

She and Cole stood in the doorway of what was supposed to be a child's bedroom but it looked nothing like it.

Two seconds into his house and she already felt like exploding. How the hell was she supposed to spend 6 month in this mad house with a complete lunatic aka the man hugging on her right now.

"You don't like it." Liam asked. His anxiety kicking in big time. His arms tightened around her waist automatically as if afraid that she might turn around and leave.

Abby rubbed her temple in irritation. What the hell was she supposed to do with a lunatic like him? Her head throbbed like a bitch. She was loosing her patience at the speed of lighting.

"Is this supposed to be a effin' theme park?" She growled.

Cole stood quietly beside her. He was un-interested in the display before his eyes. He just wanted to go back to his house and live in his own room.

"This is Cole's bedroom. I personally asked for everything. You don't like it?" Liam pouted.

He leaned over her shoulder only to see grim faces. He thought, if he designed the room like this then Cole would be jumping up and down with excitement and Abby would be kissing him all over his face but the reaction he got was quiet opposite and depressing.

"Bedroom?" Abby scoffed sarcastically.

"This is a God damn arcade showroom." She hissed through gritted teeth.

"Aww...come'on. This is like the best room ever. It has everything, video games, slide and even the car bed. The car bed." Liam emphasized as he moved passed her into the room.

He was trying to convince the very much uninterested mother and son duo to stop sulking and accept him in their life.

"Then why don't you sleep in the car bed?" She mocked him in a high pitched voice.

"That was very rude." Liam crossed his arms across his chest.

He tried to glare but he couldn't fool anyone. His eyes twinkled in amusement and something like bliss.

"Mum, it's fine. We are only here for few days right?!" Cole asked.

He looked up towards his mother and she nodded her head in agreement. His tiny hand tightened his grip on her hands as they move further into the room.

Liam grimaced at his son's comment but he kept his mouth shut nonetheless. He knew it was not an easy task making the duo love him again but he was willing to work for it.

Abby gently pulled her hand back and encouraged Cole to explore the room but he refused. He quietly went to the car bed and plopped down.

Abby frowned. She didn't like the look on her son's face. He was quite unhappy about this situation and she knew it well but she couldn't do much at the time. They had to be patient for now and tolerate every change being enforced on them.

Cole looked at his mother and smiled. He didn't want his mother to be sad anymore. Abby held her emotions back but her tightened jaw and red eyes couldn't hide the truth from her intelligent son. Just one look at his mother and Cole could see the battle she was was fighting on the inside.

He was well aware of  his mother capabilities. He trusted her to fix any situation and he knew if he really was unhappy here then his mother will leave with him in a blink of an eye.

Abby walked up to the car bed. She sat down and wrapped an arm around Cole's tiny shoulders. She smiled down at his grinning face.

Liam couldn't believe that Abby and Cole were actually in his house at the time. He  saw how Abby didn't like Cole's room. He will have to call the designers and get it changed once again.