Chapter 1

"Why are you starring at me" I ask this mysterious ashy blonde haired blue eyed guy that sits beside me. "Because your beautiful" he responds and I can't help but giggle. Just then he puts his hand on my cheek and then kisses me.

"KATNISS WAKE UP ALREADY!" I look at him confusingly. I then realize that was the voice of my best friend Madge.

I wake up to myself half on my bed, with an angry Madge scolding me for sleeping in. I mean after all today is my first day at a new school and she wants me to make an impression on all her popular friends.

"Geeze Katniss I almost had Prim pour water on you" She scolds once again. I look at the time it was 6:30. I quickly hop into the shower and after I'm finished I blow dry and straighten my hair. When I exit the bathroom Madge happily is sitting by the outfit she picked out for me, It consists of a black form fitting v-neck and a red pencil skirt with gold ballet flats.

"Katniss this is my lucky push up bra it's has gotten me through many first days and now it yours" she handed it to me and I smiled weakly at her weirdness. I went into the bathroom again to change out of my half wet towel. After another 15 minutes my makeup is done and I'm changed out of that wet towel. I gather my bag, phone and keys before we both run downstairs to say goodbye to my family.

"Bye Mom, Bye Plutarch, Bye Prim" I yell towards the kitchen.

"Bye Katniss's family" Madge yells too.

"BYE KATNISS HAVE FUN AT SCHOOL" Prim comes running over to hug me.

"You too have fun little duck!" I say before leaving. We finally make it too my car.

Holy crap Katniss when did you get such a nice car" she says in astonishment.

"It was a 16th birthday present from my step dad not really a big deal but let's go before we're late to first period". I never liked dealing with money, most of the things that I have I didn't except without a fuss.
*****
I pull into a parking spot and stare in awe. This high school was huge and I mean huge. Large glass windows everywhere, a huge white gate with a fence, a water fountain, a huge forest. This isn't a high school it's paradise.

Before I get a chance to get out of my car a huge group of people stampede towards it.

"May I help you?". They all give me a stare and then I turn to Madge.

"Madge I will meet up with you later I need to go get my locker and class info from the office".

"Okay I'll catch up with you later I want to introduce you to my small group of friends"she smiles motioning towards the mass of people.

"Okay" I smile at them weakly.

I walk into the office and a nice counselor lady hands me my locker combo, and schedule for the year. She goes through the student handbook and expectations before she sends me off.

"Thank you for your time Miss. Everdeen".

I walk throughout the long hallways looking for my locker. I get many stares from guys and girls roll their eyes at me.

"Oh my god she's one of those"

"Damn I would do that"

"Ugh she so that boyfriend stealer type"

I manage to hear some of people's thoughts of me and all I do is shake my head in disbelief. When I finally find my locker it happens to be by Madge's and some of her friends she calls "The Group".

"OMG LOCKER BUDDIES" she squeals making my ears pop.

"KATNISS! I would like to introduce to you my friends. Girls first of course!" She squeals again.