#13 He Meets Your Overprotective Father(Request)

As you and Dave walk up to your parents house you could tell he is just as nervous a a you are. You turn back at him for reassurance that he is ready and he nods.

After a few knocks your mother opens the door and pulls you into a tight hug, then the same with Dave. "It's so nice to meet you Dave." Your mom says excitedly and waves you into their home.

"W-Where's dad." You ask nervously. She points upstairs, then you hear the creaking of the steps. Dave takes a deep breath as your father comes into view. You already warned Dave about your father but he probably didn't guess he would be this intimidating.

Your father passes right past Dave, completely ignoring him and hugs you. "How's my girl doing." He says.

"I'm fine dad, this is.." He cuts you off.

"Is the food ready." He says loudly . Your mother nods and exits the room, pulling your father behind whispering to him, probably telling him to be nice.

When they leave the room you look at Dave and he looks completely blown away and nervous. "Are you okay." You ask him, taking a step towards him.

"Yeah I uh think he likes me." He says and you both burst into laughter and walk towards the dining room. Your father is seated at the top of the table, of course, so you take a seat across from your mother and Dave sits next to you.

"So Dave is it." Your father says.

"Y-Yes sir." He says, wanting to laugh at how he called him sir.

"What are your intentions with my daughter." He says raising a brow and you nearly choke on the water you are sipping on and your mom shoots him a nervous glare.

Dave gulps and begins to speak. "Well we've been dating for a long time now, about 11 months actually and I would say things are pretty serious. I do love her and wouldn't do anything to hurt her mentally or physically of course." Dave places his hands on your thigh and your cheeks get hot, feeling the blood rush to them.

Your mom smiles at his response and mouths 'Aww' when she sees your flushed face. "Your very well spoken, I like that young man." Your father says, lifting a weight off of your shoulders and Dave's as you could imagine how he must feel.

"Thank you." He smiles and it lights up the whole room, in your eyes at least. So happy to be with him more than anyone else.

After eating silently you decide to help your mother clean up but Dave objects and says he will help, leaving you at the table with your father. Dave gives your mother his award winning smile and flirts with her, trying to make her like him and it was obviously working. "He is... Okay." Your father says.

"Dad please be nice, I-I love him." You say. More like beg.

"Okay okay I'm trying." He says taking a swig of his beer, then wiping his hand on his shirt he gets up from the table.

"Go help your mother I'm gonna talk to him." He says walking towards the kitchen. You get up as fast as you can to try and stop him but he is already there before you can.

"Dave let the ladies finish up I wanna show you my gun collection." Dave's eyes go wide and you give him a sympathetic look as you go help your mom.

About 20 minutes later you and your mom are talking on the coach then Dave and your father appears. Your dad has his arm around Dave's shoulder. Was he choking him? No. Wait Dave's smiling, they're laughing, what is going on here?

"Um hey you guys." You ask clearly confused. "What's going on." You say.

"Well your dad was just telling me about how he was at the bar like years ago and-" Dave says laughingly a big smile on his face as your father shushes him. Your mother gives him a death glare as if she was saying 'we will talk about this later.'

"Well I'm glad you to get along." You say smiling, Dave smiling back at you. "But I'm really tired and we need to get going."

Your father frowns and you say your goodbyes and get in the car. "Wow I can't believe you got him to like you." You say.

"I just used the same thing on you, not sexually of course." He says.

"And what would that be."

"My amazing charm." He leans over the console and kisses you on the cheek.

(Sorry if this wasn't good If anybody wants I could make one with a bad ending just request in the COMMENTS so I see them.

I really appreciate all of the constant readers you guys are awesome!! I read every comment and appreciate every vote I honestly love it.

Lastly, I have a new Dave/James FF called 'Same Love' i just put up the first chapter! Anyone who likes this I'm sure would like my new book! I'm really excited about it! But bad news I think I'm going to have to update every other day because I USUALLY update everyday but with the new story I need time for both so please understand. That's why this one took so long MUAH I love you all <3)