Epilogue

Epilogue

Zayn put his last article of clothing into the suitcase and closed it with a sigh. The last couple weeks had been difficult. With him leaving for X-Factor, he missed Graduation, on purpose, and was missing Prom. The doorbell sounded and he descended the stairs painfully. He opened it, revealing Gabrielle clad in a purple lace one-shoulder skin tight dress, above her knee.

“Hey…” She said sadly

“Hey….” Zayn noticed her look, “You look nice.” He complimented her

“Yeah…Prom…”

“Right.” Zayn noticed the awkward tension considering they hadn’t spoken with the exception of Zayn telling her he was going to the X-Factor

“I can’t believe you’re leaving tonight…At 11 right?”

“Yup. It’s a long plane ride from Bradford to London. Plus I need to get settled in so I can get to the studio for 8.”

“I hope you do well.” Gabrielle put her hand on Zayn’s arm

“But what if I don’t? What if they send me home?” Zayn’s face fell

“Zayn. You’ll never achieve anything in life if you don’t try. Forget about the what-ifs and just go for it.”

Zayn latched his hands on Gabrielle’s hips and pulled her in for a long, deep kiss.

“Thank you. I still owed you.” Zayn commented

“Even though things didn’t work out?” Gabrielle said with her cheeks blushed pink

“Yeah. Maybe it’s for the best.” Zayn said, still feeling emotions towards Jade

“Do you want me to tell Jade about you leaving?”

“Yeah. I’d rather her know where I’ve gone to.”

“I’m going to miss you Zayn.” Gabrielle said quietly

“I’ll miss you too.” Zayn said before Gabrielle left his front porch

Twinkly lights surrounded the venue and modern music filled the space. Most couples were on the dance floor, even Toby and Domonic, but their relationship was ‘special’. Gabrielle spotted Jade sitting at a table, alone, in a floor length green-coloured dress with gold embellishments running from her sides to meet at the wide collar and golden TOMS.

Jade sighed letting the depression of not having a best friend or a boyfriend, come to the surface. She actually wasn’t surprised when Zayn didn’t show up. He didn’t even come to Graduation.

“Hi.” Gabrielle startled Jade as she sat down in front of her

Jade couldn’t find it in herself to ignore her at this point so she just didn’t respond.

“Boring for you too?” Gabrielle tried to make small talk

Jade gave her an annoyed/ ‘really’ look and she sighed.

“I talked to Zayn…He’s leaving for X-Factor tonight.”

Jade found it exceptionally hard to trust her again.

“That’s nice.” Jade said monotone, even though she was half excited, half sad, he was leaving

“Don’t lie to me.”

“What do you want me to say? That I’ll just die without my ex-best friend!?”

Gabrielle walked away knowing she had said what she needed to.

Jade sat alone and glanced at the clock. It read 6 minutes to 11. Just then a popular song came over the speakers; Mirrors by Justin Timberlake.

‘I don’t wanna lose you now…I’m looking right at the other half of me’

‘….it’s like you’re my mirror…’

It wasn’t until the second verse when Jade started to actually think about the words.

‘The vacancy that sat in my heart…’

She did feel a sense of emptiness…

‘I’m looking right at the other half of me…’

Jade thought about all the times her and Zayn had shared. She really was at her best when she was around him. The tears started pouring out of her eyes by the time the bridge started. She couldn’t let Zayn leave without him knowing how she felt.

She dashed outside and prayed she could run a normally 5 minute walk. In the driveway, Zayn’s parent’s car lights were on and she thought she was too late. Until she saw Zayn emerge from the house. She ran up to him, scared her legs would give out.

“Jade?” Zayn’s eyes widened

“You were right here all along.” And Jade threw her arms and legs around Zayn and they shared possibly the most romantically cliché kiss ever.

I won’t even make an Author’s Note for this one but remember to Vote and Comment how much you liked/disliked the entire book.

-Puts the green tick beside the story-

Bye xx. Hope you all enjoyed Mirrors ! (And now understand why that is the title)