Not Really Gay

Chapter 2:  Not Really Gay

We got let out of class and we were heading to lunch.

“Soo,” she poked my stomach,” What are you going to do for your 1-year-anniversary?” Jade wiggled her eyebrows.

Gosh she was so cute…Then I remembered she asked me a question.

“Umm, I think I might just sing him a song.” I shrugged with a small smile.

“Aww. Is it going to be a surprise?”

“It could.”

“Okay, I’ll try not to tell him anything.”

“Tell me what?” Toby sauntered up beside me, slinging an arm over my shoulder.

“And how do you know we were talking about you?” I copied his actions.

I had to admit. We were a pretty believable gay couple. Of course Toby knew I wasn’t gay and he was all a part of the charade. After seeing through my lie at the party, he offered to help me out and well, here we are now.

“It’s a sixth sense when people talk about me.” He boasted.

“You two are too cute.” Jade chuckled, walking ahead of us.

I took his arm off my shoulder and I just gripped his hand.

“So how are you doing?” He asked me.

“Not good.”

I reached my hand into my pocket and pulled out the oh-so-familiar pills. They were a special medication that was used to calm my urges.

“You need more? I know I have to use them a lot because of you.” He smiled weakly at me.

I knew that Toby had a little crush on me, but he agreed to let it stay as such.

“Maybe, things haven’t been as bad, but just in case.”

Because Jade thought I was gay, she tended to do things you wouldn’t normally do in front of a straight guy. Which is why every time I had to see her I’d have to take the pills one hour before. How awkward would it be for me to get an erection around her while she was just talking? Not something I want to experience again.

It was the night of Jade’s Sweet 16. I was sitting on her bed, ready to be the critique of her outfit. She was rummaging through her closet in search of her dress.

“How about this?” She held up a light blue dress.

I had to try my hardest to focus on the dress and not on the fact that she was wearing nothing but her bra and underwear.

“I-I like that one.” I stuttered.

“You sure?” She said coming closer to me.

I swallowed hard.

“Try it on.” I said desperate for her to put on some clothes.

She laid it on the bed and bent over it to unzip it. I got up from the bed to stare out the window. I was scared to look down. I let my eyes flicker downwards for a second and I started to panic. What was I supposed to do? If I turned around, she would see it and I’d be screwed.

“Zayn, help me zip this up.” She called.

Looks like I’d just have to wing it , and God was I scared.

She was facing the mirror with the zipper stopping right above her hips. I took hold of the small zipper and brought it up slowly with a shaking hand. In any other situation this would be very romantic. But to me, I was just plain nervous. I hooked it once the dress was zipped up.

“You okay?” She turned around and put her hand on my shoulder.

 “Yeah…” I said looking away.

“What’s wrong?” She sat me down on the bed and put her hand on my thigh.

I almost started to shake. I prayed that she wouldn’t look down but as if for punishment for lying to Jade, she looked down. She quickly removed her hand and watched the floor.

“Uhh…” She made an incomprehensive sound.

“Sorry I was just…thinking about Toby…”

“Oh.”

I mentally thanked myself for my quick thinking. Hopefully this will be the last time.

As we entered the cafeteria, Toby intertwined his fingers with mine so as to make us look believable. We sat down at the table with Jade. Toby put his hand around my waist and I tensed at the sudden contact.

“I see it’s feeding time.” Someone said behind us before giving me a shove.

I turned around to glare at Domonic, one of the more popular guys who wasn’t homophobic but still hated me and Toby.

“Just leave them alone.” Jade said from across the table.

“Why? I didn’t tell them to bring their gayness to school.”

“Could you just, back. Off. For. ONCE.” Toby growled slowly getting up.

He wasn’t really one to get upset easily, so seeing him enraged was quite a sight for sore eyes. A crowd was starting to form and I could tell Jade was getting uncomfortable.

“He’s not worth it.” I tried to calm him down.

But it was too late; Toby pulled back his fist and punched Domonic straight in the jaw. He stumbled but recovered quickly, ready to return the blow but someone stopped him. It was a teacher. Everyone quickly scrambled back to their seats to act normal but Domonic just stood there and held his jaw.

“That fish punched me!” He complained to the teacher.

He only took one look at Toby before telling Domonic to go to the nurse’s office. Because Toby and I were gay, well, ‘gay’, so as to not cause any discrimination accusations, we rarely got in trouble. It was a bit relieving but also annoying that I got treated differently because I was “homosexual”.

Toby wiped his hand on his pants before getting up.

“Well I’m not feeling all that hungry anymore.” He commented.

“See you later?” I stood to be at his level.

“Yeah.”

He kissed me on the lips before leaving.

“Love you.”

It was a sad but true statement that Toby’s kisses could make you go gay but I survived a year because I had my heart set on that one girl sitting across from me.

Hello everyone! Sorry for my lack of Author’s notes but from now on they’ll come at the end of the chapter. As much as I love my baby MMFIL (check it out if you haven’t already), this has to be one of my favourite stories to write. So you know Vote, Comment & Fan!

Bye xx.