Prologue

Jade's best friend is Zayn Malik. And even though he won't admit it to her, he has a crush on her. He would've told her earlier but she thinks Zayn is gay... When Zayn's true orientation comes out, how will it affect their friendship?

Chapter 1: Prologue

"Come on Jade!" I said as I dragged her down the pathway.

"Okay! Okay! I'm coming!" She grinned at me.

I brought her around one last corner before coming to a standstill. We stood in front of a clearing, dotted with white lilies.

"Zayn...This is perfect." She said, breathless.

She turned to face me and put her hand on my cheek as she slowly leaned in.

"Zayn..." A light whisper called, "Zayn..." It called again.

The vision in front of me faded away and was replaced by Jade's face except we were in class.

I groaned.

"Daydreaming again?" she asked me.

"If only you knew..." I muttered silently.

It was hard to pay attention in this class, especially when I had the world's prettiest girl sitting beside me. I groaned again. This was getting harder every day.

So you must be thinking, 'What's so wrong with daydreaming about Jade?' Well, for one, we're best friends, and secondly, she thinks I'm gay...

It all started about 3 years ago. Yeah, three years of lying and holding back any feelings I had for my best friend. We were all at this back-to-school party and I was dared to kiss this guy. Too bad the guy was completely and utterly gay, so he really went into it. Jade came mid-kiss and she was horrified. The only way I could get her forgiveness was by telling her I was secretly gay. And well, that's the story I've been playing with all these years.

I returned from my daze and found myself staring right at her. She looked at me strangely and turned her head to see if I was looking at someone behind her. Her eyes landed on Toby and she smiled knowingly. Did I mention Toby was my boyfriend?