We'll Be A Memory- Ch. 10

Hey guys, sorry this chapter took so long! 

Just a warning, there are a few bad words, one which happens to be the f-bomb. Sorry if it offends you! A big "thank you" to totallyinsane! She's never lost faith in my story, even throughout the weird and sporadic updates. You're awesome. <3

Hope you guys like the newest chapter! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junior year starts in four days, and I'm trying to plan every last second of my summer with Jonah. We were supposed to go to the zoo today, but of course, Mom decided to schedule to have a "night out" with Bruce. (Where they're going or what they'll be doing, I do not even want to know. All I'm saying is that if I get another brother or sister in a year, I will murder someone.)

Jonah is coming over in an hour to help me "babysit" while Mom and Jellyfish go out. Meanwhile, Grace is sitting in my room, helping me decide on what to wear. Apparently, I have less style than a "color blind nerd". 

"Okay Ms. Lex, we're going for comfy-chic. I suggest that you wear those pants that Mom used to wear when she did that weird stretchy dance. They make butts look good. You can borrow my tinker-bell tank top, because green brings out your eyes."

The one and only Grace Abagail Shefford, ladies and gentlemen. She really is so cute, it's hard to find her annoying. Even when she was going to ruin one of your last date nights of the summer. 

"Well Ms. Grace, that is very sweet of you. I believe the pants that you are referring to are called yoga pants. I do not think Jonah would like to see me wear a shirt that could fit his dog. So thank you, but no thank you." I picked Grace up, flung her over my shoulder, and tossed her onto my bed. Her shrieks of laughter reverberated throughout the whole house. Mollie ran in, her unkempt hair flying out around her. She skid to a stop in the doorframe, her hazel eyes lit up.

"What's wrong?" She used her skinny fingers to push her blonde hair behind her ears.

"Come help me tickle Grace to death!" Mollie sucked in a huge breath and ran over to my bed , her eyes full of excitement. Her fingers danced across the bottom of Grace's feet while I pinned her legs down by gently sitting on them. She tried to her kick, but her attempts were weak.

"Ahhhh! Let me go, my belly hurts!" She choked with laughter. "I'm telling Mo-" Her sentence was cut short as her little body shook with giggles. Her brown hair was in a mess from rolling it against her pillow. "Okay, fine. I surrender. I sur-sur-surrender."

Mollie immediately stopped and took a step back from Grace, a huge grin spread across her face. Grace hopped off my bed and yanked down her pink sun dress that had risen up and exposed her pale, little, white stomach.. Her hair was in a rats nest on top of her head, with little strands flying everywhere. She had a lion's mane.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a three o'clock appointment with Mom. She's been having problems choosing accessories." I didn't bother suppressing my laughter as she strutted away, with her chin held high and nose in the air. Grace had nothing if not pride.

I turned to Mollie, who was sitting across the end of my bed. Her long, thing fingers were chasing the pattern on my duvet. The corners of her mouth were turned down, and her eye brows were crinkled together. I walked over and sat down next to her, creating a dent in the duvet. 'What's up, cutie? You were happy just two seconds ago."

She took a big breath. "Lex, I have a question for you...."  I pushed her long, blonde hair behind her shoulders.

"Shoot, munchkin."