We'll Be A Memory- Ch. 14

So I haven't updated in over 6 months. I could give you all my reasons why, but I'm pretty sure none of you would care. To keep a long story short, life happened.  Also, I had the worst writers block I've ever experienced in my life.

Since my update was so long ago, I'll give you guys a summary of what's going on:

**Jonah and Lex were in such a happy relationship, until he went on a cruise and came back different. He suddenly ended things with his girlfriend of one year, leaving her in ruins. It was discovered that he cheated on her with a tramp from the cruise, and Lex still has no idea.**

How was that for summary? Thank you to EVERYONE who's stood by my side and supported me, I wish I could give you something in appreciation. Anyways, I hope you like the chapter, it took me a LONG while. As always, comment/fan/vote. 

Love you guys, I mean it. xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shoved my AP Biology textbook as far back into my locker as I could, hoping that maybe if I shoved it so far in, it would become buried behind all of my other stuff.

That class is going to suck. I already know Dubas’s power points are going to put me to sleep.

I put my AP Psychology book in next, placing it next to the biology book. Before the… breakup, I had been looking forward to actually learning about the different kind of relationships, and attraction. But now the class was going to be a reminder of how we weren’t “compatible” anymore.

The worst part of the whole “situation” was not knowing why. Why had he decided I wasn’t good enough anymore. What did I do to make him just want to dump me so abruptly? I still didn’t understand.

I shuffled through my purse-turned-backpack, looking for my wallet to buy lunch. All of a sudden, I heard panting next to me, coming from the other side of my locker door.

“Oh, hi Phebes.”

Her pale cheeks were flushed, and she was breathing hard. She must have ran here.

“Hey you. So, how was your first day so far? Did you learn anything exciting?”

I looked up from my bag, confused. Phoebe never cared if Iactually learned anything. She was usually the one encouraging me to treat school as a social hour.

“Uhm, I learned that Bio is going to put me to sleep, and Psych is going to be a bitter reminder of my failed relationship. How has your day been?”

She shuddered.

“Well aren’t you little Ms. Happy Pants today! Speaking of a certain douche bag that must not be named… Have you heard anything about him?”

She was playing with her hands, which was a nervous habit of hers that never appeared, considering she was rarely scared of anything. I mean, this is the girl who had streaked through Carry Heplin’s backyard freshmen year, just because of a dare.

I squinted at her, confused.

“What is up with you? And no, I haven’t heard anything. Although I have developed this marvelous talent throughout the day to tune out everyone, so people could be saying things and I’d be oblivious. Why do you even care?”

She relaxed, her tense shoulders now dropping down. Her hands stopped fiddling with each other, and she dropped them down to her side.

“I didn’t really care, I was really just checking to make sure you were okay. C’mon, let’s go get some lunch. I heard they were catering in Subway and Panda Express since it was the first day of school. Momma needs her Orange Chicken!”