We'll Be A Memory -Ch. 7

Okie friends, I finally fixed the chapter and clinched it off. I'm truly sorry it took so long, school has just been working me like a dog.

This is dedicated to AltruisticWriter, for sharing my story with her fans. Thank you so so so so so much for your support and awesomely detailed comments. It means a lot! :)

Anywho, if you like this chapter, please vote/fan/comment! It may not be a lot to you, but it means a whole bunch to me. 

Enjoy. :)

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Toss. Turn. Flip pillow.

I peeked my head out from under the covers to check the clock. It was five-thirty in the morning. Five. Freaking. Thirty. Grace, the early-riser of the family, wasn't even awake yet. So why on Earth was I?

Oh, I knew why. As much as I tried to deny it, I knew exactly why. Jonah was leaving for his cruise today. My stomach was in knots, and I just wanted to sleep away my anxiety. But of course, that wasn't an option anymore. My nails and cuticles were raw from me biting them last night. I knew once Mom saw my abused nail beds, she would know something was up. The last time I had bitten my nails down to nubs was when Mom and Dad had gotten divorced. Ever since that turmoil, I had thought that nothing could amount to that stress in my life. But of course, I was wrong. What else was new?

 I needed something to do. I've been attempting to fall asleep for the past half an hour. Obviously, that didn't work out as planned. I popped my head out from under the duvet and sat up, squinting at the early-morning sun. Good Lord, it was bright. And some idiot had left the blinds open. I blame Bruce. Even though it wasn't his fault, it was just so much fun to blame him for everything. If he was going to screw up my life, then he was going to take come crap for it.

I walked into my mom's room, diverting my eyes as I saw Bruce with his hairy, old-man arms wrapped around my mom. Ew. I walked over to the twin's cribs, reveling in their cuteness. I picked up Jenna, seeing as she was the only one awake, and carried her back to my room. I sat on my bed, criss-cross-apple-sauce. I put her down in front of me, laying her on her back. Leaning over her, I grabbed her little baby hands, which happened to be balled into fists. "Jenna, don't ever let your boyfriend go on a cruise. And if he does go, I'll make sure I keep tabs on him." Her large navy blue eyes stared at me, blinking periodically. 

I had officially lost it. I was giving my baby sister boyfriend advice, when she wasn't even potty trained. Nonetheless, I needed someone to talk to. It took me about two milliseconds to realize who. Unfortunately, this person wanted nothing to do with me. Reluctantly, I picked up Jenna, and cradling her against my chest, walked her back to my moms room to put her back into the crib. I tip-toed back to my room and got dressed as fast as possible, just grabbing a pair of shorts and tank-top, not even bothering to see whether they matched or not. I pulled my hair into a messy bun on top of my head, not caring enough to consult a mirror. I grabbed my bag, and as fast as possible, crept down stairs. I hesitated at the foot of the stairs. Lex, do you really want to go through with this? I pushed aside my thoughts; I didn't feel like dealing with them right now. Before I could think about what I was doing, I started walking. The only thought in my head at this point was, "Will she take me back?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I had realized it, I was standing in her driveway. I arrived at her house at six forty-five. During those forty-five minutes I was walking, I had a prepared a sickening plea for forgiveness that I wasn't even sure if I wholeheartedly meant. I stood in her driveway, not wanting to enter the dragon's cave. I love how whenever I want a little confidence boost from my conscience, it's nowhere to be found. I stood there for fifteen minutes, putting off what I assumed was going to be a terribly dreadful moment.