We'll Be A Memory- Ch. 2

Hey guys! This is the second chapter to We'll Be A Memory. Hope you guys enjoy, and please comment/vote/become a fan! If you like it, please recommend to your friends! You don't know how much it means to me! 

Oh, and I have no idea why the dashes are running onto a second line... whateves.

Ciao! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked in the door, stumbling over some rattles and a kids feather boa.

"Mooommmm, I'm home."

I ran up the steps to the second floor, my havaiana flip flops making slapping sounds against my tanned feet. I threw my messenger bag on my bread, covering some of the stripes on my zebra striped duvet. I settled down onto my bean bag, kicked off my shoes, and  took out my phone to check my voice mails. One happened to be from my best friend, Phoebe.

"Salutations, earthling. I am pleased to inform you that your sista from anotha mista will be arriving at your place of residence around 8:30 pm on Friday, the 27th of May, of the year 2011. She will be bringing take out from the best Chinese food place known to man, Polly's Palace of Asian Delights. She requests that you have activities lined up for the night, including but not limited to blind make-overs and a marathon of sappy teenage romance movies."

I couldn't help but laugh. We've been best friends since seventh grade, which isn't saying much considering we've only just ended tenth grade. Although we haven't known each other as long as most "best friends" our age, we're closer than most. She's viewed as the quiet girl, yet when you get her going, her witty side tends to show. We've always been there for each other, and nothing's really ever going to change that.

I glanced at the clock, and saw it was 7:20. Perfect. This left me with a little over an hour to get ready and chill before Phoebe got here. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower water. I turned the nozzle to hot, and stared at my reflection in the mirror while the water heated up.

 I started to work a brush through my unruly, long, dark brown hair. Even though my hair is thick, you would think it'd be easy to brush through since it's practically straight. WRONG. My hair just loves to take getting ready 10453 times longer by getting into rat nests at the nape of neck. My eyes flickered over my tan skin, and made me realize I couldn't be more thankful that I tanned easily. My fingers brushed over my full, round lips that just kissed Jonah only minutes ago. Just thinking about it made my cheeks flush a violent shade of pink. I swept my side bangs back from my eyes. I'm not the conceited type, I swear, but my favorite part about my face are my eyes. With the right amount of make up, my amber eyes  can sparkle "like the ocean on a sunny day", according to Jonah. I've always taken pride in them. I quickly peeled off my tank top, shorts, and bikini and hopped into the shower. 

I showered, savoring the feel of the body scrub on my salt-water-and-sand abused body. I hopped out, and put on my favorite set of pajamas, which happened to be a pair of Jonah's boxers and a rather unflattering oversized t-shirt. 

I checked my clock. It was eight o'clock, which left me half an hour before Phoebe got here. I went down stairs to see three of my little sisters entertaining themselves. I walked over to Mollie, who's seven. She was sitting at the kitchen table coloring, with her light brown hair pushed back haphazardly into a pony tail. Her thin face made her glasses keep falling down, and she had to keep pushing them back on the bridge of her nose.

"Hey cutie, whatcha coloring?" I asked as I tousled her messy bangs.

"I'm coloring a picture for Bruce. Bruce said that if I tried my hardest, he would put it on his fridge!"