We'll Be A Memory- Ch. 8

Hiya fraaans. :) 

If you like it, please comment/fan/vote! A small gesture from you means a whole lot to me. Thank you for all the support, it means bunches. <3

Enjoy! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

You know how in movies, when they want to show time elapse, they have a montage with some catchy/annoying song in the background? That's pretty much what life was like while Jonah was gone, except  I had an awesome song. Don't get the image that I stayed in my room the whole week and pouted, 'cause I definitely didn't. I had no intention of turning into Bella from Twilight. I'd prefer to keep my sanity, thank you.

I mostly spent time with my family and Phoebe. We took the girls to the beach, and it was actually pretty fun. But a word to the wise? If you plan on taking four kids, ranging from seven to one, on an outing, bring reinforcement. Even with Phoebe and I, it was pretty easy to lose track of everyone. I now understand why parents buy those horrendous kid-leashes.

Jonah gets back in a few hours. His flight arrives at two, which means I have about six hours of excitement and anxiety before I get to see him. I have no idea what I'm going to do to pass the time, but I have to figure something out. I'm going to be a wreck if I just sat here waiting for the hours to tick on by.

I gently climbed out of the covers, and stood up on my mattress. As soon as I had a stable position, I started jumping up and down, shaking the mattress. 

Two seconds later, I heard a gasp of confusion, and a heavy thud. I jumped off my bed, and stood over the lump that was now laying on the ground. I quickly grabbed the covers and whipped them off.

"What the hell?!" A groggy Phoebe muttered. Her voice was muffled from her landing face-down on the carpet. I sat on top of her and straddled her back. "Get up lazy bones, Jonah is coming back today!" I yelled as I smacked her butt. "Lex, why the hell would I care when your truly-beloved gets back? My two lovers Ben and Jerry are waiting for me downstairs, and you don't see me screaming like a banshee. Now, get off of me before I stick my foot up your ass." 

I climbed off of her, and helped pull her up. She immediately climbed right back into bed, and wrapped the covers around herself. However, this time she sat up, obviously not even attempting to fall back asleep. In my current state of excitement and adrenaline, it was probably not a good idea.

"Why did you have to wake me up? I need my beauty rest. You could have just let me sleep while you went around and gave someone else a heart attack." I stared at her, my amber eyes wide in excitement. "Phoeeebee," I said, drawing out the e's, "He's coming back today! Jonah's coming home! I've been waiting all week for this! You have no idea how stoked I am!!"

It's true. Words cannot possibly convey my excitement. Whenever I think about him stepping off of that plane, I get butterflies in my stomach. You know how when you develop that first crush, you feel those tingley's right in the middle of your stomach, around your belly button? That's how I feel whenever I think about him. My face automatically breaks out in a huge grin, and my palms itch. It's making me crazy. It's also making Phoebe crazy, but that's beside the point. 

"We have to get ready for his homecoming!" I said. I managed to bounce on my mattress while sitting down. Phoebe glared back at me, her sleepy-eyes making her look like a drugged up chick that had taken one too many sleeping pills. "You're buying me Starbucks for this." She groaned as she fell back, her head collapsing onto my pillow.