We'll Be A Memory- Ch 15

Heya guys. :) Sorry this chapter took so long, I just started college again and the combination of college classes and high school courses is driving me insane.

The song mentioned is on the sidebar. Check it out. :) --->

Anyhow, I hope you guys like the chapter. :) As always, please comment/fan/vote if you like it! Have fun. xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

'I'll be fine, I swear

I'm just gone beyond repair"

            - 'Jersey' by Mayday Parade

Numb.

That’s all I’ve been feeling. It was too difficult to have to deal with emotions; It was so much easier when I just shut them out. Since Monday, I discovered that life was so much more bearable when you didn’t care.

I didn’t feel happy, sad, or angry. I just existed. I woke up, going through the motions of a normal day, just living until I could go home and fall asleep again. I really didn’t care if I was worrying Phoebe or my mom, because I was done caring for other people. All caring ever did was cause me pain.

I was lost as I woke up on Saturday. Considering I had been in school for the past week, I had a plan to stick to; a schedule. It gave me something mind-numbing to do. Now I had two days to do whatever I wanted, and I didn’t like it. The more packed my schedule was, the more distracted I was.

I woke up on, not quite sure what to do. As I sat up, a little head poked in through the closed door.

“Lexa? Are you awake?”

I turned over, smiling at the little girl in the doorway. “Come here cutie.”

Grace climbed into bed next to me, snuggling against my body. I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame, pulling her close.

“How was school been this week Grace?”

She smiled at me, her toothless grin shining.

“It’s been great! Ms. Bracken is very nice, and every day we get to do arts and crafts.”

I kissed the top of her head, my heart swelling. The only reason I was still functioning was for the four little girls I called my sisters. They were what gave my life meaning.

She climbed out from under my covers, jumping onto the floor. There was a little thump as the balls of her feet hit the wood floor.

“Lexa, will you please get me some cereal?”

I climbed out of bed, the duvet rubbing against my freshly-shaved legs.

“Sure thing cutie, let’s go.”

I walked downstairs with her, going at an annoyingly slow pace due to her short, little legs. As she climbed into her chair, a tired-mom came out of the twins’ rooms, carrying Jenna, and holding Sophie’s hand as she toddled next to her.

“Good morning girls.”

I handed Grace her cereal as mom put the twins into their high chairs, getting ready to feed them their breakfast.

I attempted to sneak upstairs unnoticed, not wanting to be sucked into a conversation about school.

“Lex, come here for a second please!”

I let out a frustrated sigh as my foot hit the bottom step. I grudgingly turned around, putting a smile on my face as I faced my mom. Her hair was in a messy bun, but she looked happy.