We'll Be A Memory- Ch. 3

Sorry Ch. 3 is so short! I felt that this was a natural stopping point for the chapter, so I tied it off. I normally won't post two times in one day, but I'm on Winter Break and I'm bored as nuts, so this is how I entertain myself. ANYWAYS, hope you enjoy! <3 As usual, if you like it or want to provide constructive criticism (keyword: constructive) please comment/vote/become a fan!

Ciao!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few weeks went by in a blur. Everyday consisted of Jonah, Jonah, and more Jonah. School's been out for two months, which left me even more time for him. I loved being with Jonah more than anything, but my favorite time was when it was just us, lying on the beach, watching the stars. 

Jonah and I've been dating for technically seven months, though school put a strain on our relationship. However, now that we had more time for each other, it was evident that were never going to leave each others side again. By the way we acted, people thought we were in love, and we were. Nothing affected our affection for each other, not his parents disapproval, or the way people tried to break us up. We were stuck to each other like glue. I've dated guys, and I can honestly say I've never felt this way about someone before. I've never been the type of girl to take love as a joke, and I still don't. So I guess it doesn't really come as a surprise when we admitted to each other that we loved each other.

LAST NIGHT

He had his arm around me, my head was on his shoulder, and our fingers were entwined together. We were laying on a beach towel, watching the stars, listening to the soothing sound of the waves crashing a few feet away from us. We've been at the Boardwalk all day with a group of friends, so this was the first time we were really alone all day. 

I felt his fingers graze my forehead as he pushed my bangs back from my face. I held my eyes closed, framing this moment in my mind. I felt him sit up, and seconds later he pulled me up.

"Lex, I need to tell you something." His eyes were dark and intense, and it scared me. I remember myself praying so hard, praying this wasn't the moment that would end our relationship. I couldn't bear to loose him.

"Lex, you're my world. I can't live without you. I know you always joke about how you would leave me if you caught me eyeing another girl, but I need you to know that I couldn't be myself completely without you. You are my other half, we're soul-mates. Lex... I love you."

I felt as if someone had punched me in the stomach, or as if I had fallen down a flight of stairs and the breath had been knocked out of me. I could see his gorgeous blue eyes analyzing my reaction. The thing is, I always thought that I would need to plan when I was going to say I love you to a man. I thought that I needed to prepare so I didn't do it at the wrong time. But after he said that, there wasn't one piece of me that doubted my feelings toward him.

Before I could get the words out, he was kissing me, cradling my face with his hands. I had to pull away to get my words out.

"Jonah, I love you too."