We'll Be A Memory- Ch. 5

This is dedicated to the oh-so-sweet mycherryamour! Thanks for putting up with me! ;) She is such a sweetheart, and ya'll need to go check out her story! It has a dreamy muscular guy, if that's any indication of how good it is. ;)

Now, without further ado, I give you... Chapter five of I Loved You More! *applause*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stepped up to my front door, holding my breath. I looked around and took in my surroundings: the bright, clear, beautiful sky above me; the cold, green grass; the smell of the flowers from the natural born garden in our front yard. If Mom was going to murder me, I wanted my last memories to be of the sanctuary outside my house.

Right as my hand reached to pull the door handle down, my phone went off. I had a text. I raised my head and gave a silent prayer to God, thanking him for prolonging my life for a few more seconds. After my little 'prayer', I checked my phone.

JONAH: Good luck babe, it's gonna be alright.

The text message gave me the ounce of courage I needed to go through with this. Before I changed my mind and ran away, I pushed the door handle down and walked into the entry way.

I had prepared myself to come home to one of two scenarios: 1) My mom was going to be sitting at the kitchen table, crying into a tissue while a cop, preferable a mom who also felt her pain, took down my basic description to put onto a missing persons poster. Or 2) She was going to be angrier than a mother bear who's cubs were just threatened. I imagined her pacing in front of the table, with a stressed out Bruce standing by her side. She would also have a hot frying pan ready to throw at my head the second I walked through the door.

But of course, life never goes the way you have it planned out, so I'll say that scenario three happened (Get it? 'Cause a combination of one and two is three!). When I walked through the door, there was some pacing and there was some sitting down, but it wasn't from the people who I had expected it from.

As soon as I walked through the door, three heads snapped up to look at me, each with a different expression upon their face. Phoebe was pacing the room, a wild look in her eyes. After I had walked through the door, she stopped moving and just stared at me, an incredulous look upon her face, like she didn't know why I had even bothered to come back home. My mom was sitting at the kitchen table, her hands tangled in her hair, and I couldn't help but think that half of her tension was caused by the angry best-friend bear pacing the room. As her eyes took in my un-harmed body, the light returned to her eyes. Bruce was also there, sitting next to Mom, his arms around her. When I walked in the room, his arms dropped, and he blew out a sigh of relief. Knowing Bruce, his relief was for some completely selfish reason; He was probably glad he didn't have to comfort my mom, and could move to something more "worthwhile", like perfecting his hobby of reading women's magazines.

My mom had just opened her mouth to speak, when Phoebe interjected. "Where have you been?! Do you know how worried I was when your mom called me?!!! How dare you-" mid-rant, Mom seemed to have gained her senses back. "Thank you, Phoebe. Now please sit down and shut up. If you cannot do that, then leave." Phoebe took her place on the couch, brooding. She never ceased to take keep her eyes locked on my face, her large green eyes drilling a hole into my head.

"Now Alexis, would you care to tell us where you've been all night?" Okay, moment of truth. It's no biggie, Lex. You've been at your boyfriend's house, and nothing's happened. You simply fell asleep, and forgot to call. It was nice to know my conscience was always there for me.

"I spent the night at Jonah's." My mom relaxed, erasing the wrinkles in her other wise smooth forehead. It was evident that she trusted Jonah, and she knew that we didn't even bother doing anything stupid or 'reckless'. Bruce's head snapped over to look at Mom, and I swear I saw his eyes bug out of his head. "Lydia, she just spent the night at her boyfriend's house without your permission, and you're okay with it?" This completely rubbed me the wrong way. I walked over to him, and did that little hip-pop thing that teenagers are so good at. "Uhm Bruce? I'm right here. Why wouldn't she be okay with it? She trusts me, and trusts Jonah. If you have a problem, let's get it out on the table right now." If looks could kill, I'm pretty sure Bruce would have killed me ten times over. "Lydia, tell her what's wrong with this. Explain to her why it's inappropriate that she left the house, let alone spent the night at her boyfriend's, without telling us!" Ohmylanta, this man can not do anything for himself. He leans on Mom like she's a crutch. This man is the definition of a spineless jerk, and it still amazes me how Mom finds anything attractive about him. "Actually Bruce, I find it acceptable. I absolutely do not agree with her running away, but I'm glad she went to someone that she and I both trust." Bruce was just about to make a retaliation, when a voice startled us. "You know what's screwed up about this whole mess? The fact that she went and confided in her boy friend, rather than her best friend." I turned around in time just to see Phoebe's red curls disappear through the door. I looked at my mom, at a loss for what to do. She gave me one of those "mom-looks" that are telepathic. Within two seconds, I was sprinting through the door.

I caught up with her just as she was climbing into her car, and I had to grab the car handle to stop her from slamming the door in my face. "Phoebe, I don't get it. Explain to me what I did wrong!" She turned to face me, revealing what a curtain of red curls hid: her tear stained face. "Do you really have to ask Lex?! You find out your mom is getting engaged, you run away, and the first place you think of to go to is your boyfriends? Do you honestly not see anything wrong with that?!" She spit the last sentence out with so much venom that it shocked me. I stumbled back, which gave her just enough room to slam the door in my face.

I walked back in the house, still shocked about what just happened. My mom was the first to notice my stunned expression. "What's wrong, Lex? Did something happen?" This question snapped me back to my senses, and made me realize the caliber of what just took place. "Yeah, apparently I was wrong for wanting to tell my boyfriend about how you two screwed everything up!" My mom popped her eyes out, clearly taken aback. I didn't care, I just wanted to forget this day had ever happened. I pounded up the stairs to my room, two at a time. I ran into my room, and slammed my door (NOTE: To clearly portray how completely outraged I was at this moment, you must know that I was not, and I'm still not, a door slammer). I threw myself on my bed, not even bothering to change my clothes. I proceeded to fit the angry-teenage stereotype by grabbing the closest pillow, and screamed into it for what felt like an eternity.

I eventually slipped off into a restless sleep, with dreams of being with Jonah on the beach. It was our place, a place where no angry Mom's, jealous best-friends, or pansy soon-to-be step-dads could enter. It was a place where I was happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed it! If you did, please don't forget to vote/become a fan/comment/share with your friends! 

xoxo