Chapter 21

I stomp out of the room. I walk in front the nurses station in a blind rage I do not register anything but my anger. I start heading to the elevators I am ready to punch Johnny in the damn face.

"Riley please stop, talk to me!" Ayana tried to plead with me but it falls on deaf ears.

I keep walking forward to push the button on the elevator. I hear a loud crashing sound. I turn around and see that Ayana has fallen down with her IV pole. It is as if reality slapped me in the face. Now I am aware of everything going on around me. I run over to her as fast as I can.

"Babe are you ok?" I ask. I panic when I notice the blood on the floor.

"I think so. Oh no I am bleeding. She lifts her arm. I notice that she pulled her IV clear out of her arm.

"What in the devil is going on out here!" Nique says to us. I pick Ayana up off the floor and carry her to her room.

"I'm an idiot that's what's going on." I say sadly. Nique just shakes her head at me.

I get Ayana to bed her quickly. I am so embarrassed by my behavior that I begin to weep. She pulls me close and she strokes my hair and hums. I look up at her.

" I am sorry. I have no idea what came over me. The thought of you being hurt on purpose was more than I could bear." I say looking at my hands.

"You frightened me."

"I didn't mean to. Please don't be upset."

" I was scared for you not of you. I thankful that you snapped out of it and stopped."

"I am just so tired and I was not thinking straight."

"You can go home and sleep if you want babe."

"No. I told you that I wouldn't leave you alone. I am staying if that's ok."

"Of course silly. Give me a kiss and lie next to me and go to sleep." She says.

I slip off my shoes and climb in the bed. I kiss her and we get a bit carried away with our tongues dancing in unison. We both are breathing heavy.

"Gross!" Jack laughs. Startling us. " Dude Riley you almost got knocked out by the guerilla of a security guard by the door. Stop kissing you're making me gag."

"Shut up Jack." I laugh. " I forgot about the guard. Is he that huge?"

"Freaking huge!" Jesse adds. " You ok BB?"

"BB?" Ayana asks.

"Baby Brother." Jesse says with a huge smile.

"Jesse I am sorry I yelled at you." I say.

"No worries. I understand I would do that too if someone tried to hurt Zoe."He says.

My eyes are suddenly feeling heavy I close them for a second. I can hear bits and pieces of their conversation. I hear them talking about Zoe being pregnant.

"Do you know the sex of the babies?" Ayana asks Jesse.

"Babies." I mumble and fall back to sleep.

I am jolted awake by screaming. I realize that Ayana is screaming and crying in her sleep.

"Don't kill me! Please don't kill me Johnny." She screams over and over again.

"Babe it's ok. Please wake up." I say to her. She is flailing her arms and with her casted arm she hits me in the face. "Ahhhh damn it!" I yelp out in pain taste the metallic taste blood in my mouth. I grab the call button and nurse comes on the other end. "My girlfriend is having a night terror."