Chapter 12

I get home and see Kaylee rummaging through my fridge like a mad woman. I clear my throat so she knows I am there so I don't scare her she looks up at me and smiles.

"Riley where are all the eggs I swear I saw a whole crate this morning, I need them for my salad."

"Well this short curly haired guy decided that he needed to make the largest omelet known to man this morning and he used every last one."

"Oh Jack! I am gonna kill you."

"Sorry babe I think we have some more at home." Jack says

"Ok it's fine, Where did you go Riley." She asks. I show her the bag from the store and take out the monkey. "Oh gosh that is adorable! She'll love it! I got something for you too it's on the table in the living room.

"Really?" I go to the table and see a gift bag. I open the bag and take out the tissue paper inside and see two beautiful frames. In the frames are the photos that Ayana and I took together. Kaylee this is wonderful thank you so much." I go over and give her a bear hug.

"My pleasure Ri, I made a copy of the picture and the original is still in the envelope." She is heading out the door. She is going to her house to search for more eggs.

I go into my room to rest and finishing watching the Breakfast Club and it was good, I'll have to remember to tell that when I see her. I take off my clothes and decide to take a nap I guess I am more tired that I thought because I fall asleep almost at once.

"Riley, riley." Jack says quietly as I open my eyes. " Ayana is on her way home."

"Ok." I say while stretching as I sit up. "Let me put on some clothes and I'll be right out."

"Alright, see you in a few."

I get up and change into shorts and a tank top and decide to take out my contacts and put on my eye glasses because the contacts are irritating my eyes. I go into the kitchen to help Jack marinate the meat and prep my famous veggies for grilling. I go to the counter and Jack smiles at me strangely.

"What?" I ask amused.

"You got it bad baby bro."

"Shut up man!"

"No it's a good thing!"

"Thanks. Where is Kaylee?"

"At the house. Ayana is getting ready."

"Great let's get the grill started." Jack grabs an apron that is on the counter and it says GOOD LOOKIN' COOKIN' "What the heck is that!" I laugh.

"Kaylee bought it for me today."

We stand on the front balcony and start the grill we see Kaylee and Ayana walking up the street. I go inside and slip on my shoes quickly and head down the stoop and meet them on the sidewalk. I feel my smile growing larger by the second.

"Hey Riley! Kaylee says and she walks away smiling.

"Hey I finished the Breakfast Club, pretty decent." I whisper to Ayana. She smiles broadly at me.

"See I told you!" I open the door for her to let her in.

"Ayana, ya wanna help me with the salad?" Kaylee asks.

"Sure, Let me wash my hands first." She heads to the bathroom but Jack beats her to it.

"You can use the one in my room if you want." I motion to the door.

"Ok thank you." She says as she is walking in. I'm thinking thank goodness I made my bed after my nap.

"Are you gonna give her Tony's gift now?" Kaylee asks.