Part 8 Diverged

Arnold called me after my breakfast. He told me that Martin was found dead in patrol car this morning at Ease beach road. I couldn't control my anxiety, it was fifth murder happened in our city without any clues. I informed some officers to give security to Linda, in case the killer strikes at my home. I don't know...but I felt bad for Martin, he was an good guy with arrogant wife, though he was kind and energetic. What's going on in everyone's life? The murderer diverted from his normal pattern and killed an police officer. It's so crucial and I had to something before he strikes one more time. I am afraid but I didn't worry about me but I don't want to happen anything to Linda. Its makes me sad whenever I remember Dora. I have to kill that bastard before he kills me or anyone. I took my anxiety tablets and gulped in one move.
~~~~~~~

"Mr. Jack, I have to tell you something before you see his body" Arnold shook his head and not able to digest the fact.

"Yes...What happened Arnold?" Jack made an fist.

"Martin called me at 1.30 last night to tell about something regarding this murders, he just told that he met Jenna and she was the one who informed him about this" Arnold flinched his lips.

"What's that? Jenna...you means Jenna Williams, the reporter?" Jack asked.

"Yes...she was the one...the killer had an pattern of killing the person who were the best in their field, that means we can give protection to the ones who were higher in their field" Arnold said with determination.

"Arnold, that I already knew... But see now he killed Martin, whereas he was supposed to kill Nelson instead of him...so there's more than that what you are saying" Jack got frustrated.

"Plus...I want to meet Jenna immediately... She was hiding something I guess" Jack instructed.

"Sure...I will let her know that we want to meet her as soon as possible" Arnold excused himself and called Jenna.

~~~~~~~

Emily took bath and came out with a towel wrapped around her. She stood in front of her dress table mirror and looked into herself. She looked deeply into the cuts she had made in her forearm. She knew that one day everything going to be alright but she felt sad once her mother died of suicide and her beloved dad went missing. Her only hope was her sister Luciana. She loved her so much. She knew she was living in her house alone during her pregnancy. Luciana's boyfriend cheated her and left with a baby inside her. Luciana was an big business woman till she got pregnant. She left her business cause of her pregnancy. Now she has gone. Emily took a sleeping pill and gulped with water. She lost her sleep past two days crying for her sister. She wanted to sleep badly. She lied down with comfortable clothes and drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~

Linda packed her lunch and moved out to her office. She saw someone following her and got afraid first but then she saw him somewhere. She stopped her car and asked him,

"Why are you following me?" Lin shouted at him.

"Sir sent us to provide security...you can carry on mam...I won't disturb and intrude in between your work... It's just for safety" A man with dark brown hair shouted from his car.

"Oh gosh...I don't need security, by the way...you can stay out if you want" Linda snarled back and ignited her car to her office.

~~~~~~~~

"Hey Lin...you are up today" Melina asked and hugged her.

"Yep...what's going on with your life?" Lin fixed her gaze in her computer.

"Nothing much....Do you know what happened to Luciana? Have you heard it?" Melina whispered. She was afraid to tell anything loudly. Who knows where the killer could be hearing from everyone.

"I don't know what are you talking about?" Lin shrugged.

"Oh...Lin..you are so outdated..she was murdered five days before and two days before they were found her body" Melina freaking out.

"Oh God.....somebody told that she was pregnant last week" Lin gasped.

"Exactly... Even I couldn't believe it until I see the news Lin, we should be more careful now" Melina gulped her saliva.

"Hey..don't scare me ....the things are getting weird day by day" Linda switched the topic.

"Excuse me....I may wanna use bathroom" Linda excused herself and went to restroom on the left.

*****

Hey fellas...what will happen next? Poor Martin :( okay let me know about your opinions and I am going to end the story soon...probably two or three chapters. It was literally an short story so I don't want to bore you guys much. Pls vote and comment. And guess out the killer. Thanks.