Part 7 Old crime

The hoodie person revealed their identity by removing their scarf.

"Hey....What are you doing here Jenna?" Martin raised his eyebrow and narrowed his eyes at her expecting an possible answer. He had a thing about her in his college days. He had an crush about her but unfortunately he happened to get married to Luciana, her wife.

"I...just...you know, finding some evidence about the murders, please let me do whatever I am supposed to do" she stuttered and pleaded.

"No, what are you doing here at this time? It's not safe for you....go home now" Martin pressed her hands.

"Please Martin...listen, I knew that you will help me out in this...I couldn't trust anyone other than you" she gripped his hands tightly and panting heavily due to unexplained fear.

"Let me know...what do you want in this freaking night?" He bursted with nervousness.

"The killer had an pattern of killing someone who were the best in their field, now targeting only women...so you guys could give protection to the ones who were higher in their career" she whispered every word with more tranquility.

"How do you know that? Are you sure about that?" He asked frantically.

"Yes... I almost researched every details of it...except not knowing the killer" she deadpan at him.

"Okay...now it's not time to think about that...but I will tell to Arnold to take care of it.... You can go home please" Martin shoved her to home. He didn't feel right. He don't want her to get hurt.

~~~~~~~~~

Tring...Tring....

"Hello..." Emily picked up her phone.

"Hello... Ms. Emily Richardson, you have to come to Evans" A male voice from police informed her.

"Why...? What happened? Who are you?" Emily asked nervously.

"I am deputy Jackson, I think Amanda is your sister probably" He slowly let out his breath.

"Yes...why what happened..." Her voice slowly faded away.

"She was founded dead in her house unlocked in her room, can you come over here?" He said with a sad tone.

" oh...no...officer she was pregnant... Oh God....sorry....I will be there in 30 minutes" she cried in phone.

Emily windup her work and took her car to Evans to her sister's home.

~~~~~~~~

Jackson couldn't sleep. He was worried about Linda. He knew that he didn't spend much of the time but his work was extremely like that. He leaned over her head and kissed her. She was sleeping without any worry. He loves her so much.

~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry Ms. Emily we found her when someone called us for weird smell coming out of the home" Jack gently shook her to the present.

"How come someone was so cruel to do this to her? She was pregnant with 8 months for God sake" Emily cried and sniffed out of frustration.

"She was dead before one week" Jack shook his head. Luciana was found dead in her bathroom with her legs spread and cut in her throat. Her hair were all messy and her right thumb was missing with number written on bathroom tub.

~~~~~~~~
Martin quickly retrieve his composure and made his way to the patrol car. He didn't notice that the black hoodie entered the car before he stepped in. While driving, he thought of calling Arnold and to tell everything about this to him in case it might help in the case. He pressed the number and dialed it. The hoodie figure moved slightly and revealed their knife in his hands at a long shot.

~~~~~~~~

I couldn't sleep... Luciana was pregnant while she found dead. The killer was more psychotic to do anything like that. I literally turning over my bed without an inch of sleep. I couldn't digest it all. What they did to deserve this? I couldn't see Linda in their place. Never ever I will not let anything happen to her. She was my everything. I promise Linda...no one going to touch you. I will make sure that you will get enough security along with you from tomorrow.

*******

Hey...guys..what do you think about this chapter? Will Jack able to protect Linda? What happens to Martin? Let's see in next chapter. Pls vote and comment. Love you all.