Part 6 Destined to dead

Hey guys....I am happy that obsession reached 37 rank in mystery/thriller with few votes. I solely thank you for this, especially @heena0022. She gave me enough confidence to proceed with my story. Thank you so much. This chapter dedicated to you... heena0022
*****

He, in the sense Arnold went to the Dora's house to investigate further more. But on the way, his car broke down due to some minor internal fault. He informed Mr. Martin, the next in charge after him, to take care of routine round up over the city especially in the important areas. He went to near by tools shop to fix his car. It was almost 10 pm. Martin ignited his patrol vehicle towards the centre of the city, without bothering the cold night.

~~~~~
Linda received an call from her office regarding an important file, she couldn't interpret properly in the phone. So she planned to visit her office once, though it was 8pm she didn't mind to go and not forget to place an note to Jack against her blue fridge door. She took her pre-owned black SUV from the garage, just in case if she might have to stay much longer in her office, she don't want to bother about her transport. She was racing her car but within speed limits. They weren't any traffic much, still she looked out and drove carefully. She hasn't taken that car for longer time. She enjoyed mini journey towards her office. She did enjoy after her cousin's death.

~~~~~~~
"Honey, I am home" Jack scrunched up his nose to the smell from somewhere. The smell was different not to mention about the strange .

"Lin....Where are you?" He entered the kitchen to see the note.

He tried to search for the smell in the fridge. It was all in vain. When he attempted to search in the store room in case of any dead rat or something, but his phone rang in between his hunting the smell contest. He sighed and took out the phone to answer the call. It was from Nelson.

"Hello Charlie, Are you free tomorrow night?" Nelson asked.

"Hey Nelson, I had nothing better to do tomorrow night other than you suggesting whatever" Jack chuckled.

"Sure...Maria wanted to invite you guys for dinner tomorrow, I hope you will make some time for your mother" He told and laughed in the phone.

"I would do that, we will come at 8pm tomorrow" Jack said and hung up the phone.

~~~~~~

Someone:

I already planned for my next move but some persons were crossing in my line. I should make sure that they will learn a lesson from me. Shit, I forgot something.

~~~~~~~~

Linda after finishing up work with her coworker Melina, she had decided to windup and went down to the parking lot to enter into her car. Melina had trailed off behind her and asked, "Hey, Linda can you give me a ride? My husband got some problem in between so" she cut off by Linda.

"Sure...I am glad that your home was on my way" Linda shrugged.

Finally, they both took their seats and moved out of their office lot.

Silence was shattered when Melina asked Linda about her pregnancy test and reports. Linda almost forgot about that her check up. She sighed, "I have to take one last test" she brushed her fingers against her cheek. After dropping Melina, she took the shortest route to her home.

~~~~~~

The killer had entered the Dora's house with much no noise at all from back door. He had left something while murdering her. So he slowly walked over the steps, he found that the other room was locked inside. He tiptoed inside Dora's room past the yellow restricted signs, and looking for the thing he had come. The killer glanced over and took a paper which he left behind. He wiped out his hand traces and trailed back to the back door, not forget to make sure to wipe out his all traces of him.

~~~~~~

Martin parked his patrol car on one side of Elm street, and took his phone to check. He climbed out of his car and watched over his surroundings for any human movement. He leaned over the car engine banner and lit an cigarette. He was having a bad day today and more of sleepless nights past few weeks due to various tension. He glanced over the edge of the street while attempting to finish up with his cigar. He looked over and see an human movement, he shouted to come over here. But the black hoodie person hasn't heard anything and ran over across from the street. He ran behind the person but lost him in the middle of the road end. He rose up from his breathing in hunched position and walked back to his car. He saw some shadow near his car and hesitated to move. He waited for an minute and followed the mysterious person, but this time without running behind. The person was wearing black hoodie and mimicked the same person who ran across the street. When he stepped in front of that hoodie person and pointed his gun at them. The person was wearing an fold which covers their face. He didn't seems to recognise the person instead he was holding the gun at them more tightly and shaking vigorously inside.

He asked, "Who are you? Why are you up this time?".

The hoodie person moved their hand to remove the scarf folded in their face.

He was shocked to see the person behind that.

*****

Hey...sorry for leaving you in cliffhanger. But I couldn't reveal the person behind the murders sooner, so let's see who was that in next chapter and please vote and let me know your opinion about this chappy ;)