Part 9 Next Murder

"Hey honey....Where were you?" Jack asked and kissed Linda.

"Hey lovely...I went to check up with doctor, as usual" she sighed.

"It's okay dear....come on, we have plenty much time" He comforted her.

"Hmm...I knew that's why I wanted to gave you surprise" She chuckled.

"What was that? Hey...Linda is it? Oh my God honey....I am so happy that you are pregnant" He kissed passionately.

"You are my sweetest thing happened in my life....you are the best wife forever....I love you so much...you means a lot to me Lin" He hugged herself not knowing how to express his happiness.

"Honey.... I am happy too" Linda chuckled. Yet she was sad about something she couldn't decipher.

~~~~~~~~

"How was the day Charlie?"Nelson patted his shoulder.

"Going....good as of now....I wonder if we can have dinner outside today with family" He placed his arm against shoulder. Nelson was huge and strong built. Definitely it will hurt for normal person.

"Haha....I hope so bring Maria to our favourite restaurant" Nelson smirked. Jack wanted to convey the good news to both at same time.
~~~~~~~~~
Linda's POV:

The time struck 2.15 am. I lied down comfortably on the bed after drinking some water from the night stand without disturbing my husband cause he was sleeping peacefully after long time. We spent nice time in dinner last supper. He was busy engaging himself too much in search of the murderer.

After a few minutes of silence, his phone rang, he got up from the bed and attended the phone. I just got up along and looked at him frantically due to his facial expression changes by the phone call.

He quickly got up and told me to take care, as he had to go to the area where the best industrialist was claimed to be murdered. He didn't give any more details except instruction to take care cause its still dark outside and I had to be all alone.

Being his best wife, he usually praise me for being understand, due to his work, he had to spent much time outside than the inside. He even wondered that how I manage to sort things out, so he told me that I am his best wife yesterday. He wasn't that bad for himself. He is a good person too.

When I was thinking, I heard a sound from the kitchen. My mind was blank and shivers were running down my spine. I knew that my husband will lock from the outside while going out in midnight. So I was afraid, I slowly moved myself out of the bed and switched on the lights. I closely checked for the noise, now it was some rattling sound. I went downstairs with hesitance, and my steps were very slow and unidentified. When I entered the kitchen and I quickly switched on the light due to my unexplained fear. I didn't see anything except a jar fell from the table opened with blood scattered around that. I saw some shadow in the window glass mirror from the front door. I was scared to move, but I had to run somewhere safe, so I ran somewhere without thinking about anything. I banged into something suddenly and I fell down blurring out with a loud noise.

******
Aah..
That's a cliffhanger. What happened to Linda? Did you guessed it already?please feel free to vote and comment. One or two more chapters reveals murderer. What do you think whether Jack will able to find out the killer? Let's see.