VII: Don't Trust A Drunken Thug

Rebel and the Beast

© 2013 EncoreDeZiza

All Rights Reserved

Rebel and the Beast

Chapter Seven;  Don’t Trust A Drunken Thug 

“Aiden...”

“Aiden....”

“Ai-”

Pushing up from his bunk, he smashed his fists against the bars, rattling the cage. “NO MORE GAMES!”

He was met with laughter. 

“Jason, you sadistic bastard!” Aiden yelled at the middle aged man. Leaning against the desk, the young man simply shrugged. 

“We told you the girl was a hazard.”

“And I told you idiots to burn the bodies! You wanted an insight on how to get their attention? I gave it to you, it’s not my fucking fault you’re both stupid.”

“Watch yourself, boy,” Jason cooed, playing with the knife he’d so graciously exposed. 

“Great, so you’re threatening me now? I told you I was done.”

“See, that’s the problem,” Moving towards the bars, he made sure to keep his distance, looking Aiden directly in the eye, “You’re not done until I say you’re done.”

“Bull shit. I’m in jail because of you!”

“Oh, please, like you haven’t been here before. In fact, if I remember correctly, you’ve escaped. Why aren’t you doing that now?” Aiden didn’t respond, backing away from the bars. “Women,” Jason pushed, “They make one weak.”

“Says the man who spent a decade looking for one.”

“She’s not just some chick.”

“Maybe Jessica wasn’t just some chick.”

Taking a step towards the bars, Jason flipped his coat back to reveal the handle of an undoubtedly loaded gun. “My girl’s a goddess, yours was a parasite who was in the way. Are we clear?”

Refusing to back down, Aiden held his stare. It was a challenge, clear as day. “I’m not working for you,” Jason snorted. “Oh, what are you gonna do? Huh?” he taunted, taking a daring step forward, a small smirk playing at his lips, “Kidnap me?”

Mimicking his smirk, Jason took a step back, “Rescuing you isn’t part of the plan,” He shook his head, “See, if you were worth our time, you wouldn’t have gotten caught. You have 48 hours. In two days time, we’ll come for you. And we’ll kill you.” With that, he backed up, eventually fading into the shadows. After he felt safe, Aiden backed up and sat on the bed. Staring at the shadows, but he honestly couldn’t tell if anyone was here or not.

“Aiden!” His head snapped towards the noise, eyes widening as a familiar creme sleeve snuck around the corner, the door slamming behind as Elle rushed into the center of the room.

“Elle? What- What the hell are you doing?” 

“I’m saving you.”

“Elle-”

“Oh, shut up and say thank you.”

“You really shouldn’t be here.”

“You have a lot of explaining to do.”