Chapter 15 - New Friends

Sarah's P.O.V.

"Ahh!" Isaac screamed grabbing my arm.

"Oh boy," I mumbled under my breath.

"Now what?" Mom asked, I could hear someone walking around, but it wasn't mom. I was sure of it. It was a woman's footstep, but not my mother's.

"Who's there?" I questioned and the footsteps stopped right in front of me.

"You brought food?" A woman's voice rasped, her voice as dry as sandpaper.

"Turn the lights on and I might be able to agree." I responded and the lights snapped on, Isaac was still clinging to my arm, I shook him off and looked in front of me. There was the figure of a small girl who stood in front of me, she was extremely skinny and her clothes were torn. She was starving. But for how long?

"The food, please." The woman coughed, I nodded and threw the bag off of my back, I grabbed fresh water and a candy bar out of the bag then handed it to her. She thanked me and drank the water quickly and in an instant the water bottle was crumpled and thrown to the ground. She immediately ate the candy bar and turned to look at me. Isaac was right, this was the girl that he saw in the window, she had dirty blonde hair, bright blue eyes and she was wearing a pink dress with black polka dots. The dress was torn and her hair was in knots.

"You are truly a savior from heaven!" She smiled hugging me tightly, I was surprised by the hug and was--for a split second--confused. The girl let me go and I stumbled, but quickly regained my balance. She looked behind me at the other three and I told her who they were, "This is my mother, Jannet and my younger sister, Lilly. The boy's name is Isaac and he's my boyfriend." 

The girl nodded and told us her name, "My names Raven Trapp, the man standing behind you in my older brother, Cole Trapp. Do you think you can spare some more food for my brother?" Raven's eyes were tired and I could tell she was itching to have some sleep, we all turned to look at Cole. He had dark brown hair, blue eyes like Raven and he was wearing a regular shirt with jeans.

"Of course!" I grinned handing a drink and some food to Cole before turning back to Raven.

"Thanks." We heard him whisper.

"Sorry about him, he's kind of shy. I got the talkative side of the family whilst he got the shy part from our Grandmother. That kind of doesn't matter now..." Raven explained.

"That's alright, Isaac here wasn't really the shy type when I first met him," I looked over to Isaac and he blushed slightly. I turned back to Raven and inquired, "do you think we can stay here? Just for awhile?"

"Of course, dear! How did you end up here in the first place?" Raven motioned for us to sit on one of their couches. We went over and sat on her couch, Isaac beside me, Mom sat beside him and Lilly beside Mom. Cole and Raven sat side by side, Raven on one end, Cole on the other.

"Well we were originally staying in a Gas station a few blocks away from here, there were zombies-"

"Is that what people are calling those sick...people?" Raven interrupted.

"Yes, it is." Mom said.

"What an awful name! Are they..nice?" She requested.

"This one is." Isaac perked and I stared at him angrily.

"You're one of t-them?" Raven stood up.

"Well, kind of, but I'm mostly part human. Only maybe..30% of me is part zombie. I don't actually go completely crazy unless..." Bad memories started to pop into my head, I closed my eyes and shook them away.

"I-I don't understand." Raven shook her head.

"It's kind of a long story..." Mom shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you think you can give us the short version?" Raven questioned sitting back down.

"Sarah?" Mom looked over at me and so did the others. I sighed and knew there was no other way out of this..I told them the whole story instead of the short version. My bad.