Chapter 2 - Sarah

Alivia's P.O.V.

We had been walking for about 3 days without rest, for the fear that we would be eaten alive in our sleep.

"Mom, I'm tired." Lilly moaned.

"I know, honey." Mrs. Hatch sighed. I looked over to Mrs. Hatch, I could see the fear and sadness in her eyes. She hadn't seen Sarah in so long...she and Lilly have been going through a lot, especially at the Hospital. None of us were hurt, we were just looking for any other survivors, I guess that's what you'd call people now. 

While we were at the Hospital, I could've sworn I saw Sarah. Except I knew Sarah was dead we all did. When that man put the venom in her, she started the apocalypse. I froze when I saw her like a zombie, I couldn't shoot her I just couldn't. Not like that. Even though I knew it wasn't Sarah's fault that she started this, it was that damned man's fault. I wanted to rip that fuckers head off, show him not to mess with my friend. I was so scared and angry. I just kind of froze up. I didn't want to believe that it was her. Anybody would've found her and shot her by now, right? It must have been my head playing tricks on me. After all, I hadn't slept in a few days. Maybe I was hallucinating? 

For a moment I forgot where and who I was. Then it all came back to me, I was Alivia Tracey, next to me was Lilly Hatch and Jannet Hatch. We were in the zombie apocalypse, I wasn't that nice girl who became friends with everybody anymore. I was a bloodthirsty killer, if it wasn't for that man Sarah would be alive. With me.

"You okay?" Jannet asked me, I nodded and stared ahead. Feeling the rocks under my feet.

Jannet's P.O.V. 

I wasn't sure what to think, I didn't really want to think. I didn't want to feel, I just wanted to float away, soar high in the sky and never come back down. But I had to come back down, I had a daughter and another girl who needed me. They needed me to guide them, guide them to safety. Like the mother I was.

"It's going to rain soon." Alivia said, her eyes raised to the sky. I too noticed how dark the sky was getting. We we're going to need to take shelter, and soon.

"Where?" Alivia asked as if she had read my mind. I looked around at our surroundings, not too many options to choose from. 

"What about the gas station?" Lilly suggested. Hopefully there's food somewhere in there, man was I starving. We entered the station and was greeted by a dog, it was a German Shepard. I looked at his collar and revealed that it was Sarah's dog! 

"Sarah!" Lilly yelled, Sarah was in the cold section and she hadn't moved an inch. Lilly went over to hug her, but I grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, and pulled her back.

Sarah turned around and revealed her face, her face was all dirty, her clothes were ripped, and her mouth had red blood on it. I looked into her eyes they were like a cat's eyes, except they were pure white. I felt a tear rolling down the side of my face, Sarah didn't move and I didn't move. We stared at each other for a long moment before Sarah stretched out her arms slightly and walked toward me.

Alivia's P.O.V. 

I couldn't move, I didn't know if I was afraid or horrified to see her like that. But when she started walking toward Jannet, I could feel every muscle in my body tighten up and I began to move. I stood in front of Jannet and pulled out my pistol, it was fully loaded and ready to be used. I didn't want to shoot Sarah she was my best friend, but I had to hold back my feelings. Just for this one time, I aimed the pistol at Sarah and I put my finger on the trigger. Then I pulled it.