Chapter 5 - Stranger

The boy had dark brown hair, green eyes, a blue and black flannel shirt with black shorts, and sneakers. His clothes were all dirty and his hair looked dusty.

"I'm looking for food, are you doing the same?" I questioned.

"Nah, just trying to help out a fellow friend." He smiled leaning against a wall.

"Um..haha, yeah, we're not friends. Hell, I don't even know your name." I laughed.

"Oh, well then that's my bad, isn't it? The names Isaac Young and from the looks of where you're heading, I think you're going to be needing my help." He snickered pointing to my wounded arm, I looked over at it and it was bleeding through the bandage.

"Shit." I attempted to whisper, apparently he has good ears because he began to walk toward me. I began to panic and backed away.

"Girl..wait, here." He tossed me a bandage and I watched as it hit my side and fell to the dirty ground. Isaac glared at me questions floating through his mind, "It's.." There was a 0% chance that he would believe that I'm the cure to the zombie apocalypse.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Nothing." I scowled.

"You're lying. Tell me, you can trust me, I promise." I took a long deep breath.

"Well, I was kidnapped before all this happened and the man who kidnapped me gave me the cure to this. Well, he didn't exactly give it to me.." I closed my eyes trying to think. I didn't want to tell this guy my life story.

"Cure?" He requested.

"He forced me to take it and I started the apocalypse. When I woke up, I had been turned into one. I was a walking cure, so it didn't affect me. At least that's what I thought if I didn't eat in a matter of time I'd go crazy and crave...I was terrified..I had no idea what to do. I lost everything. My family and friends, but then I found them. My mother, sister, best friend, and my dog. It was great." I finished, it was quiet for a few seconds before Isaac spoke again.

"Wait..I'm confused. You're a walking cure," I nodded. "that's really cool!" I looked at him surprised, he thought that was cool? 

He noticed my puzzled look and conversed again, "I mean, first off, you could save the whole world! Second, you're extremely pretty for being part zombie." That made me smile, he noticed me smiling and I looked away embarrassed. I could hear him walking towards me and then he grabbed my hand, "Come on, let's get that arm fixed. Shall we?"