Chapter 3 - Walking Cure

Sarah's P.O.V.

The bullet missed my head by centimeters! 

"Wow," I yelled ducking my head, "what the fuck is wrong with you?!" 

"I-I" Alivia stuttered unable to come out with the words, mom and Lilly both ran over squeezing me.

"Let..go!" I gasped, finally they let go tears falling down their cheeks. I looked back over at Alivia she was still stunned. I walked over to her staring intimately at her before I pulled her into a long, deep, lovable hug.  

"I thought you were dead." Alivia whimpered.

"I am." I whispered letting her go and backing away. 

"W-what?" Alivia asked looking even more stunned than ever and looked me over again.

"I told you Alivia, I am dead." I repeated.

"But...how?" Alivia wasn't getting the obvious message.

I took a deep breath and then I began, "Do you remember the venom that the man put in me?" Alivia nodded and I continued, "turns out that the venom was actually a cure and a disease for this apocalypse. I was in a Hospital when I changed because of the cure I'm still part human, but I'm also part zombie." 

There was silence again, then mom spoke, "You're a walking cure?"  

"Yeah, pretty crazy to think me being a walking cure, the only person who can save this dreaded world." I laughed.

Alivia's P.O.V. 

I was so confused, my best friend being a walking cure? Part zombie part human? What

 "I know you're confused, Alivia." Sarah said.

"Confused? Pfft, I'm just happy you're alive!" I called, Sarah stared at me for a long moment before she spoke again, "How long have you guys been walking around for?" 

 "About 3 days." Jannet answered. 

Sarah nodded and asked another question, "Have you had any rest in the past 3 days?"

 "No." I answered this time. 

"Let me get this straight, you've been walking around this fucked up world without any sleep, whatsoever?" Sarah demanded, we all nodded. Sarah sighed and showed us to the back room. 

"I haven't been here too long, but I have gathered a few pieces of food from my adventures." Sarah gestured with a hand to enter the room.

"Holy shit! That should last-"

"About 3 weeks." Sarah interrupted. 

"Where did you find all this?" Jannet asked.    

"Some of it I had on me and some of it was already here." Sarah answered plainly. 

"That's incredible!" I called. 

"You guys should rest." Sarah rolled out a few blankets. I mean I was tired, but I wasn't sure about this idea. 

"What if zombies attack us in our sleep?" I asked paranoid. 

"I won't let that happen, besides I'm boarding up the doors and windows. Nothing's going to get in here without me stopping them." Sarah reassured me. 

"Are you sure?" I questioned hesitantly. 

"Yes, now get some shuteye." Sarah replied. I settled down in the very back of the room in a corner, from the way you walk in you won't be able to notice me straight away. That's why I liked the spot so much. I buried myself as deep as I could, I shut my eyes and could feel myself drifting off. Into a long, deep, dark, and powerful sleep.