Chapter 14 - Mysterious House

Alivia's P.O.V. 

I was standing on the roof of what I thought was an apartment, I was able to find a small button under the parent's work desk. I ran away from the horde and climbed up the stairs of a building nearby so I could get to the roof, that's how I ended on the roof of an apartment building. 

'I think I'll just stay up here for now..' I thought to myself. I wonder what the others are up too.

Isaac's P.O.V.

We had arrived at the small house, we would be able to stay there for awhile until the horde of zombies reached us again.

"So this is it?" I didn't try to sound surprised, but Sarah's style of a house choice wasn't too nice. I walked up the steps to see into the house and peeked in through the window, a little girl's face peeked right back at me, she jumped back and I jumped back. She ran away into the shadow of the house and I ran back down the stairs to the others.

"What's wrong?" Jannet asked while Sarah had marked down the spot we were in.

"There's a girl in the house!" I shouted and Sarah looked up from her map.

"A what?" Sarah questioned.

"A girl, she had dirty blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and she wore a pink dress with black polka dots!" I explained.

"Hmm, do you think we should go in there?" Jannet inquired looking over to Sarah.

"Yes, we need to know why she was in there and if she's alone." Sarah announced walking over to the steps.

"Are you crazy? What if she's infected?" I interrogated stopping her in her tracks.

"I would be able to sense if she was a zombie and zombies don't run away from humans, they run after them." Sarah indicated walking around me and up the stairs to the creaking house.

"Hello? Is there anyone in here? We just need a place to stay," Sarah shouted through the dark oak wood, but there was no answer. "we brought food and water." The door slowly began to open and we couldn't see in the concealed room, it was pitch-black.

"Hello?" Sarah repeated, Jannet, Lilly and I walked up behind Sarah too afraid to enter the house. Sarah was obviously the brave one out of all of us, so she entered the house first, all three of us followed her inside and the door slammed shut behind us.