Page 11

I woke up in your bed the next day. We didn't do anything. Both my parents were at home, I just didn't want to be alone. That was my excuse anyway. Really, I just wanted to be with you.

It was the first day we were tired at the same time. We laid in your bed all day, fading in and out of consciousness. We couldn't take care of each other like we had been. It killed me to see you miserable, and me being able to do nothing.

That evening we both perked up a little. We talked and joked. It was amazing after days of nothing but talking, we still had things to talk about. I needed out of the room though. You convinced the nurses that we could make it to the cafeteria to eat, so we headed downstairs. We sat down there as long as we could, not wanting to return.

Eventually, we had to though. We took the stairs back to your room. It may have been more difficult than the elevator, but the staircase was one of our places now.

We made it to your hall when my phone rang. My mom was calling to tell me she was here with my aunt. I started to go to see them, even though I just wanted to stay with you. You made me promise to call when they left so you could sneak in my room. I promised.

Mom and Aunt Trish stayed until midnight. Then they headed to her house, saying they'd be back by lunch tomorrow with some things I needed. I asked Mom about my blue dress she promised she'd bring me. I was supposed to wear it to prom. She answered,

"I almost forgot! It's in the car. I'll bring it in before I leave".

"Thanks Mom," I replied.

I called you once she dropped the dress off.

When I told you about the dress for our magic act you said,

"Sounds amazing!"

"When are you getting that bow tie, Aaron?" I said with a smirk.

"I'll order it tomorrow. A blue one to match your dress".

And you did. You also got a black top hat with a blue stripe. We wore them everytime we performed, which was at least once a month. I didn't have to do much, I mainly kept an eye on the more antsy kids, and handed you stuff, but that was okay. I absolutely loved every bit of it.