Page 4

We spent the day, roaming the halls with you as my tour guide. We went to every floor and went down every hall. When we stumbled upon a mystery door, we opened it. We explored every nook and cranny of the hospital. We got chased out of the coma room. We skipped on the third floor and carwheeled through the sixth floor. Then when our day was over, we went to the cafeteria, got dinner, then took it to your room. We turned on the TV. We proceeded to eat burgers and talk and laugh. It was one of the best days of my life. 

The nurse woke us up at ten that night. She was there to take your vital signs. She found me and you crammed on your bed. You had me wrapped in your arms. We awkwardly jumped up and apologized to the nurse. You would think the awkwardness came from barely knowing each other or having the nurse see us. But it wasn't. We felt like we had known each other forever, and neither one of us got embarrassed about anything. It's just that our whole relationship was awkward. We were awkward people.  

The next day you called me while I was eating breakfast with my Mom. She was telling me about staying with my aunt who lived nearby. They were going shopping this afternoon. It took a lot of convincing to get her to go. She wanted to stay with me, but I told her I would feel worse if she stayed. I told her I had made a friend that I could spend the afternoon with. Obviously I meant you. So when my phone went off and I saw your name on the caller ID (you had put your name under "Aaron aka TheSexiestGuyAlive"), I didn't hesitate to answer it. 

"Saaaammm!" you said in an over exaggerated man voice. 

"Aaaarrooonnn!" I mocked. 

"Quick, what are you doing today?"  

"Well I was planning on stalking random visitors until noon, but I'm free this afternoon," I answered. 

My mom looked at me like I'd lost my mind.  

"Domino's pizza? My room, one?" you asked. 

"Only if it's pepperoni," I replied.  

"See you then!" 

"Kay bye!" 

Mom looked at me. 

"Who was that?" she asked.  

"My friend I was telling you about".  

"Oh, okay," she said, then continued where she left off. But I couldn't get you off my mind.

____________________________________________________________ 

Author's note: 

I know these boring chapters. But I swear it does get better. I'm probably going to update later today. That's all :D