Page 9

It was a Wednesday I think. It was easy to lose track of days in that place. Neither of my parents were there. I called you to whine.

"I'm booorreeeedd," I said when you answered.

"Want me to come over?" you asked.

"Yes, please".

"I'll be right over".

About five minutes later, you showed up with a box.

"What's with the box?" I asked.

You grinned,

"Well, I thought since you were so 'booorrreeedd', you'd enjoy a magic show".

"Of course!" I wondered how you thought of this stuff.

You spent the next hour doing magic tricks, just for me. You were amazing. When you were finished, you started packing stuff up.

"I do this for the pediatrics ward sometimes. Those younger kids do have a shorter attention span than you," you laughed, "not by much though".

I threw a pillow at you.

"Hey! And I was about to ask you if you'd want to be my lovely assistant! But now I don't know..." you trailed off.

"I want to be a lovely assistant! Please please please?" I begged. Maybe you were right about my childlike tendancies.

"Oh I don't know..." you teased me.

I beckoned you to come over. I started to kiss you, then whispered,

"Please?"

You smiled. Then kissed me. And said,

"Only if you'll wear a pretty dress".

"If you wear a bow tie and hat," I replied.

"Deal," you said.

That's when we became "The Amazing Aaron and the Sensational Sam". You really liked alliteration. We made t-shirts, because I insisted. I made t-shirts for everything.

We walked all around the hospital in those ridiculous shirts. People less awkward would have either been embarrassed or felt ridiculous. Not us. That's one of the things I miss most. It's hard to do embarrassing things without you.